Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Yes they are, at most Kiosks.
They are €25,63 (CY£15) now, with €5,13 (£CY3) of credit included
Hiya, just looking for some info about mobiles and sims in Cyprus.
Going out to Paphos next July to get married. There will be quite a few family & friends dotted all over the place, so it would be good to use mobile to keep in touch and to arrange meeting up. I thought i had read somewhere else on the forum about buying sim cards, etc..but i can't find the page anymore. :( So really, just wondering what's the best way to do this - keep your own or buy one when you get out there? Cheers, Ann :)
I believe there are now some sim cards that are valid for just one month. They come with some credit and can be topped up just as normal.

The number expires 30 days after activation. I've an idea it's MTC (formerly Areeba) who do these.

However, if you are a regular visitor to Cyprus, it's best to buy a sim card for use each time. All you have to do from the first credit is top it up and the number is valid for 12 months. Plus, you always have the same number to leave with people who need to contact you when in Cyprus.

CwB
It is much cheaper to buy a Cyprus sim card - either So Easy or MTN the calls here are so cheap compared to using a UK phone. Just make sure your Uk phone is unlocked!
Carol
Thanks for the info guys. Will just pick up the sim that lasts a month, as i don't think we'll be back out there within the year. Unless we win the lottery and can do more travelling. If only!!haha ;)
Ann
Ann

I believe it is MTN who offer the monthly card and not MTC as I posted earlier :whoops

CwB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.