Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
waterproof,

What a nightmare. Have you booked flight only is this part of a package? If flight only, then I should imagine this constitutes a major change to the itinery and therefore you should be entitled to cancel and get a full refund. If it's through a travel agent, it's up to them to sort something out for you, again on the basis it's a major change.

Darren
Thanks for the reply.
This is a schedule flight and not part of a package and most of us (we are findinig more and more people in the same situation) have booked on line with SL Airline.
We are still waiting to hear from SL and are sending emails but not getting replies.
Can someone please help?
We are flying on a direct flight to the maldives from heathrow with srilankan airlines, in economy class . this was booked through Hayes and Jarvis . First what is the baggage allowance as the web says if booked on line its 20kg but we didnt it was booked through H&J also we want to take our dive equipment can we purchase extra luggage or could this be free? We have never flown with them before and wondered what the reviews were like ?
THANKS SHANTI :)
shanti43,

Baggage allowance in economy is 20kg as far as I know. They don't offer a divers allowance and anything in excess of your luggage allowance will be charged excess baggage. You're likely to be on a discounted ticket through Hayes and Jarvis so probably won't have an option of adding any extras (I've tried previously). It's often easier hiring diving equipment with strict luggage allowances these days and is often cheaper than paying excess baggage or increasing baggage allowances. I know it's not ideal, but that's generally what I do now.

Darren
Thanks Darren we will bear that in mind :)
hi another few questions regarding my flight with Sri lankan airlines to Male from Heathrow

What is there policy on the ash cloud if a the flight is delayed, cancelled from going out of the uk and also if we got stuck in the Maldives - what a shame :) would we be looked after ?. my travel insurance does not cover it and their web site dosnt state anything.
Also when we do fly does the tv/films have stop start , rewind etc. The web site gives very little info

Shanti
shanti43,

As the airline is non-EU, the legislation that they must look after you while you're stranded does't apply. They'll put you on the next available flight and get you home, but flight only customers may have to arrange their own accommodation and cover expenses in the mean time. However, as you're travelling with a tour operator (Hayes and Jarvis), they have the obligation and will look after you. If the matter arises, you'll have to see what they offer. Hopefully, you'll not face that question. As far as I know, the IFE is full AVOD (audio-video on-demand) on flights out of LHR.

Darren
Can someone please help regarding seating on Sri Lankan Airlines A340-300 aircraft.

We have booked seats 24 H & K going out on the 11th September LHR-CMB and 26th Sept CMB-LHR. When we chose the seats, the cabin plan showed that a bulkhead was in front of us, therefore a little more leg-room which is needed because of my disability.

However, on the cabin plan on the main website, 24 H&K are not bulkhead seats.

Has anyone flown this route and can confirm where 24 H&K actually are?

Many thanks

Gary
garym1308,

There are two seat configurations for the A343's. Row 24 aren't bulkhead seats on either of the plans I have.

Darren
My wife bought a ticket from Goa to London via Columbo. The outward bound was fine.

When she tried to change the return trip, she was informed that the Goa leg was no longer being run and she could change it to Chennai and they would arrange an internal flight for her to Goa. This was very good service.

However, due to luggage etc she decided to cancel the return leg and book another airline. Sri Lankan Airlines agreed that she would get a full refund.

9 months later and many, many emails between her, the issuing agent and Sri Lankan Airlines including a visit to Sri Lankan's head office and there has been NO refund. I can only assume that Sri Lankan Airlines do nt honour there promises and refunds are not issued!

Or perhaps they have just run out of money!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.