Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks for that info Narial,At least we can pack accordingly for the overnight stay. :think :)
Thanks a lot nariel, what about your hand luggage did they weigh it at either heathrow or Colombo?? also what about shower gel makeup etc :yikes I suppose the 100 ml rule is still in force so will have to pack in hold luggage? what a nightmare stopping over, but hey bet it was nice having beach resort..well would have been!!! what was the name of your hotel we have been told ours is Blue Oceanic? what about you split have they told you yours?
chilly
Hi Chilly,Yes we will be staying at the Tamirind tree,thats about 10 mins from the Airport.
Look alright,but not gona be there long are we. :)
no thats very true just hope we get a nice dinner :D just cant wait now,
chilly
Counting the days,we will be at the airport early,about 4 pm,so will look out for you,
I dont look like my Avatar by the way :rofl
:rofl thank Goodness for that I was thinking of going incognito if so!!! yes we have to be there 3 hours before dont we so we should be there by5 to 5.30 i think depending on traffic and my sons plans for the night as he is giving us a lift and cant ruin his sat night!! :D we might have to get there lunchtime!!! :rofl
chilly
At Heathrow they were not concerned about the hand luggage - we had a lap top bag (very large) and a roll along hand luggage of the correct size (but not weight!!!) but she never even looked at them. I also have a "magic travelling handbag" which had 2 paperback - DS and games - idpod - specs etc and a roll up ruck sack which we take our drinks and food to the airport in and that was on the floor so she didn't even see that.
When we got to customs we had to put all our liquid things (lipsticks, creams etc) from our hand luggage into a plastic bag before we went through - they provided the bag.
One reason she may not have been bothered about the luggage is that the plane was no where near full - they filled all the AB and HK seats first (seats are numbered AB - DEFG - HK) and before we took off the steward told us we could now move if we wanted to as everyone was on board - quick dive to the side to get for 4 seats to stretch out all the way.
Because there were so few going upto Goa they never bothered there either. The guy infront of us getting on the plane could hardly lift his hand luggage and he had to have help to cram it into the locker.
We stayed at Pegasus Reef Beach Resort - buffet lunch and dinner and a cuppa in the afternoon. There were only 20 people staying there but there was enough food for 200.

When you get to Heathrow Sri Lanka desk is right at the far end - the very first one - turn left when you go through the door - it is near a coffee bar.
Thanks for that Nariel ;) useful info, what is a magic travelling handbag ... :rofl i want one!!!
chilly
I saw it on QVC - it was designed by an Air Hostess. I videod the the show then copied it all down - brought the design to Goa and had it made in leather. It has lots of compartments in it and it is amazing how much stuff you can get in it for such a small size. Showed it to someone here last year and she had 6 made to take home for friends. Willl bring it to one of the meets. Like you I go to Mayonnis on Sunday but don't want to go every week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.