Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
St Vlas
9 Posts
hi lubo25 st vlas is about 15 mins by car from sunny beach it is up and comming but no where like sunny beach there is the miami restaurant there which is well known the food is excellent and there was one more restaurant when we were last there in 04 but i do know they have built more hotels im going back in july to sunny beach so looking forward to seeing how its changed x x x
St Vlas is worth a visit. If you are staying at that end of SB it is walkable, or you can take the bus.

A common mistake is to go all the way along the main road and miss the main village centre. I know I done it, and a few others in our apartments made the same mistake. On the main road, heading out of SB into St Vlas , go left at the petrol station. Just follow the road and you will be in the main square in 2 minutes. Some good restaurants in the square. Tepaha (not sure of spelling) is on the corner as you come into the square. It's always busy, but service is good and so is the food.

Upstairs in the main building looking out to the fountains is Central, very relaxed cafe/bar, always busy with locals and tourists.
Again good service and food.

Lot more small restaurants down the narrow street leading back out the square.

Great DIY/hardware shop upstairs in the corner of the square. Sells any decorating stuff you need if you have an apartment.
The bar good for lunch and a beer.
There's a hairdressers up there as well. One warning though, if you are a guy who gets his haicut by numbers, watch out!
A number 2 in Bulgaria, leaves you with 2mm of hair. It grows back : :D
Hi justjoe,

Tepaha (not sure of spelling) is on the corner as you come into the square. It's always busy, but service is good and so is the food.

The "ГЕРАНА" (Gerana) restaurant (described as being in the centre of Sveti Vlas) is currently advertising for a waiter for the forthcoming summer season "to work mainly with English speaking tourists" - sounds as though it may be the one that you are thinking of?

Don't think that I'll be applying, for 320 Leva per month.... ;)
I'll be going back anyway, its always a good night.

As for the name , well it looked like Tepaha to us uneducated Glaswegians.
Thanks for putting me right Baldur. Is there nothing you dont know about Bulgaria :tup
Justjoe....you must visit Sv Vlas. It has grown so much in the past few years with new apartments and of course the new Dinevi Marina. I first went to Sv Vlas in 2000, as VIP guests to the Brasilia Disco in the square, excellent night, car to take us there and back to Sunny Beach and reserved tables and free drinks all night!!
The village square has since been renovated and a nice area to sit, if only to wait for the bus back to Sunny Beach. I noticed another poster mentioned the Miami Restaurant, an excellent night to be had there!
Having stayed in Sunny Beach for over 10years, twice a year, we have decided to stay in Sv Vlas this year. We go 24th June for 3 weeks and are looking forward to our visit.
SORRY justjoe...meant to address that to lubo!!!!
I am from St.Vlas and it's really nice and calm place,at least calmer than Sunny beach if u are looking for some relaxing days:)The greatest thing is that we have that combination between mountain and see,it's really great!:)What deserves seeing the most is the new built harbour,it's really nice and romantic place:)
Much prefer St'Vlas to Sunny Beach

Fantastic New Marina, & village square, only a short trip if we want to party in Sunny Beach

Lots of new shops opening, with some nice bars & restaurnts tucked away

Gary
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.