Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
In November, two men were reported in Burgas 24 as being identified as the perpetrators of thefts of air conditioning units from the Delfin residential complex in Sveti Vlas (among other offences).

bTV reported on 28th November that empty residential buildings, mainly owned by foreigners who are absent after the summer season, have become prime targets for burglaries.

The reported incidents include those carried out by a 21 year old who broke into 16 apartments in Sveti Vlas and stole money, gold jewellery, computers and other equipment.

A Police spokesman is quoted as saying that "23 apartments have been burgled and lost water heaters, ceramic cookers & air conditioners and everything is owned by foreigners, at this time we can only guess what has been stolen.

In many of the cases, the owners are foreigners abroad who cannot tell us exactly what we seek. So these are all factors that hinder us....
"

P.S. If you are using the Christmas 2010 skin, the apparent spaces in my post are links to the reports (in Bulgarian) - the festive skin changes hypertext links to white, which is less than 'user friendly', at least for my eyesight.
Thanks for that Baldur.

Sad I know, but a certain level of stealing is to be expected when there are so many empty apartments. Good to hear that the police are taking some action. Wetend not to leave anything of any great value inour flat, but theres not much we can do about air-con units or cookers.

Looking forward to going back in 2011.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.