Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Stalis
86 Posts
hey stayed in stalis for two years now lovely there nice and steady good atmosphere and 15 mins or less in taxi is malia if u want to help and join paint it red lol :roll:
hey. me and my mate , lovely lincoln ladies... are heading to crete first two weeks in august and wanted to go to malia.... after being told everywhere was fully booked.... we panicked coz they offered us stalis... but apparently its not far...will enjoy the peace and quiet in the day but definatly be heading into malia every night. happy holidaying
Hi

Going to STalis in four weeks time, first time to Crete for us.

We are hiring a car and would like to know if anyone has any ideas for days out from STalis.

Thanks

Louise
Take a drive up to the lassithi plateau there's some really nice villages up
in the mountains and also try visiting the samaria gorge if you feel up for
a good walk but it is a fair journey.
Rick.
Quite a long trip but Vai is lovely, also go up to the villages on the Lassithi Plateau
We had a day out trying the different beaches and villages on the road to Chania, but being a pair of old giffers, we stopped off at Souda War Cemetary to pay our respects. A very restful place and well looked after.

Winnies lot in Whitehall had a lot to answer for.

Parky
Star beach warter park is a nice day out not far from stalis
hope this info helps
http://www.starbeach.gr/directions.php

BRIAN :wink:
Not been --Yet May 2006 planned but info on Stalis is here

http://www.stalis.info/default-en.htm
Hi promota...........

We went to Stalis 4 years ago, we found Elounda a beautiful place with a fantastic beach (very safe for children)..........i will try and think back some more and post more places we visited.........(when i remember) :oops:
...........Oooooo refreshed my memory :lol: ..........

Agios Nicholaos and Heraklion are fantastic places to visit 8) great for shopping :D

Hope you enjoy it............oh and the best restaraunt (my opinion) in Stalis is the Dolphin, "John" and "Costas" are great "hosts/waiters"......and its fab food :D Try a cocktail at the bar.........you won't forget 'em.........well maybe you might actually :lol: :lol:

:)
Hi Laura, :wave
Though I would move us up the forum a bit as there are so many postings as we will be lost shortly.

I agree with you men always leave everthing till the last min.

Glad to see you back on line, have you tried this forum I have find it quite useful and the people are really friendly.

http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/corelli.html

Jenxx :)
I am off to stalis soon with my husband and 3 children and would love to know if it is an ideal place for a family... and if they have nice resturants/pubs, we are staying at the Blue Sea Hotel
cheers
Everything you need for a family holiday, places for the kids to watch the latest films, english style bars, irish bars, great beaches and a really nice lively atmosphere without being over the top.Blue sea looks nice as well used to have a friend who worked there at the end of the resort if I'm right, a bit quieter at the end of the night for sleep away from the noise of the scooters.
Rick.
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Stallis is like? Also looking for recommendations for some B&B or S/C accomodation close to the beach and resort centre. Quite like the look of a few. Sunset Hotel, Rainbow appartments, Soleil studios and Villa Ritsa. Has anybody got any info on these or others.

Thabks
How many of you going? I personally love Stallis it has all you can need, Nice beach, restaurants a plenty, good bars if you want a quiet drink or more liverly ones if you don't. Don't know about the Hotels/appts mentioned as we stay in our friends appt's when we go.

I certainly don't think you will be disappointed with the resort. :D
Hi Shirley

There are recent resort reports HERE

Pippy :D
Thanks both.

We're 3 couples and 2 single girls (my niece and her mate). Stallis sounds just right. What's the beach like? Think I'll take a look at the resort reports later.

cheers
Hi i need some info please,thinking of going to Stalis early october flying from Brum i've seen a holiday with direct holidays,as anyone booked with them and are they any good,what's it like in Stalis? that time of year,the flight is direct to Heraklion just after 6 in the evening,return early morning. :) :) The hotels are Anastasia and Horizon Beach any body stayed at these hotels.Thanks for any help. :) :)
The beach is fairly long but narrow with fine sand.
The prom was being upgraded 2 years ago so should be nearly finished(grin).
The restaurants are marvellous.

Can't go wrong.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.