Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Stalis Maps
86 Posts
Thanks Rick, I'm toying with booking for October, and trying to find out where various apartments are.

Much appreciated,

Robby :wink:
Hi we went to stalis about 18 years ago now when i was 10, we went for 3 years on the run & we thought it was a lovely place, At that time there was just a few bars & restaurants along the beach Has it been built up much since then? I would love to go back, just wondering what it's like now. Also we stayed in a place called captains villa which was on the main road just up the hill from the beach has anybody stayed here recently or does anybody know whether it's still there?

thanks stacey
First time poster on here, so hello everyone.

My brother and I are thinking about going to Stalis later in the year. We are looking for some nightlife but not to the extent of the chav-infested Malia.

Would Stalis fit the bill? Also would also like a decent beach with good snorlelling areas.

Thanks in advance.
Since no one else has posted anything i will :D
I am not 100% sure as i have never been for holidays in Stalis (hey i am local i cant go for holidays in my own Island).
From what i hear in the forum and from others Stalis is better than Hersonisos and Malia. It does have night life but its not as wild as in Malia.
Regarding beach i cant be sure to tell you.
Stuart, we stayed in Stalis in 2005. We actually stayed at the Malia end of Stalis and never made it into 'main' Stalis at all during the fortnight (well not on a night anyway). Plenty of night life without any clubs. Loads of pubs and decent restaurants. Stalis beach is nicer than Malia too.
Stuart, there's not a lot of snorkelling in Stalis, but if you head out of Stalis towards Hersonissos and at the top of the hill go down to the Scuba centre by Gortys Mini Market it gets fairly rocky around there. There's a big German orientated hotel around that bay, but the fish aren't choosey. That area would be the best, or head down to Agi Nik and have a look there.
Excellent, thanks for all the advice.
Im 35, Iv'e been to Stalis for the past two years with the lads and had a ball. Yes i like a night out in Herssonisos but Malia is somewhere you have to go for a night if nothing else just to realise how good Stalis is! Stalis is great for singles or couples, It's quiet but be patient as there are two good Irish bars plus another bar that stays open very late. The bars are quiet but if there are twenty people in the bar i can guess fifteen will be women all looking to have a good time!!!

Im going again this year only with the girlfriend, :(
parky i am not sure if agios nikolaos has beaches for snorkelling in order to see fishes, as the majority of them have sand. Still though going to the far sides for the beaches normally you will find rocks, thus fishes. been ages since the last time i went for a swim in Agios nikolaos so i cant recoment a particular one. The only one that comes in my mind is Kitroplatia.
Jathson visiting malia for a night not only help you realise how good stalis is, but will also help you realise how bad the youths can be when in holidays.... :x
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Could anyone please enlighten me as to the weather in Stalis we can expect on the 2nd of Sept as we have never been to Crete before and don't really know what sort of temperatures to be ready for, as we are travelling with our three young kids. Would somebody please enlighten me as to the general cost of living there such as price of a pint, price of a meal and the best and economical places to eat. We have also booked the Latania Apartments and have read many mixed reviews about this accomodation so any feedback to my post would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
I've added the Latania apartments to our review site.

If anyone has stayed her would you please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks
Does anyone whos been to stalis know where is the best place to hire a carand how much it costs a day.Are all the hire companies the same in cost for what you drive.Would like some feedback from folk who have hired on where to go , beeches , landmarks, etc and what its like to drive around the island. Thanks
Does anyone know of any good sites where it shows the map and all hotels of stalis.
we did'nt hire a car there, but a couple who was in the apartment next to us did, don't hire from just anywhere, hire from a name you know as they were ripped off. they hired with them because it was cheaper but it cost them more in the long run
Hi We went to Stalis in the last week in Aug and Ist week in Sept 05,it was red hot all the time.
Hobo the problem is it does not show the location on a map of the apartment l'm looking for which is stelios stalis. l would like to know where these apartments are on a map.Any ideas :roll:
We are 2 couples going to Socrates apts between stallis and Malia, would appreciate any advice on best places to go and worst places to avoid i,e, Clubs/Resteraunts/Beaches and any good excursions or bad ones to avoid. Will be hiring a motorbike for 3-4 days so advice on surrounding areas to visit as well please. (we are in our 40's but like to party with the youngsters) Just back from Laganas, Zante and that was fantastic! Thanks for your time.......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.