Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Sveti Vlas is a real Bulgarian town, unlike the purpose-built resort of Sunny Beach.

You'll find that many people prefer to take their holidays outside the large resort. Whether it's worth a visit depends on you - you'll find some places of interest, restaurants, etc., on the Interactive Map.
I would say yes, but then I have apartments there & love the place so, I guess I am bias.

If you do visit St'Vlas, make sure you see the Marina & village square

New shops opening all the time in & around Vlas, some nice little reteraunts tucked away in the back streets

Gary
Been visiting Bulgaria and Sunny Beach for about 12 years (twice a year) and this year we stayed in Sv Vlas for the first time. It is well worth a visit, 1 lev on the bus or about 15lev for a taxi from Sunny Beach. Visit the marina and then a walk up to the village square as suggested by Gary. Very relaxed atmosphere and some nice little shops. My favourite restaurants are The Central, in the square, upstairs next door to the bank and the Kotva Bistro, in one of the small side streets.
I would say it was definitley worth goint ot Svet Vlas. Try going in the evening. We enjoyed our trip.

Dee
Sorry about the spelling of the last post - have just got back after a night flight!!!!

Dee
Is it worth a visit ?

You are just winding us up, arent you.
There are more places you would tell people to go to for a meal in St Vlas, than in all of Sunny Beach.
Its not got olde world charm, but there is just something about the place that brings us back, time after time.

It only costs 1 lev on the bus, and if you are at that end of SB, its not that far to walk.

We are lucky, our apaartment is in Yalta, which means we can walk down into Sunny Beach or along the main road into St Vlas.
The pavements are being upgraded now and it makes it a bit better.

If you are walking, be sure to turn left at the petrol station, or you can easily miss the village centre. (we did the first time we went)
The new roundabout seems to have slowed the traffic down a bit, so getting across the road is a bit easier.

Hope you find your wat to St Vlas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.