Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Maybe you should look at self catering, either an apartment or small villa. If you are adventurous you could do it independantly. If not you can easily contact the hotels by email and ask them.
When our 2 children were small we used to get family rooms which were often 2 adjoining rooms.
Hello

Very difficult isn't it...........but it can be done. I can only suggest AI hotels, (sorry) that's all we have ever done in Turkey, and we took our "Little Uns" with us, up until 6 years ago, so I can suggest a few that may be of interest.All have family rooms or suites, a couple have villas, I know cost is something we have to keep down with a young family, but, some Travel Agents will price match, and some Tour Companies do have some deals on at the minute, so worth checking all the sites for deals.

Flying into Antalya.

Lara Beach Region.

Concorde DeLuxe

Limak Lara

Kervansaray Lara Resort.

Belek Region.

Papillon Zeugma

Papillon Ayscha...........Both these hotels have family villas, they are superb, and the facilities here for children are second to none.

Club Asteria.

Flying into Bodrum

Turgutreis Region

La Blanche Hotel. (again, superb rooms and facilities for children)

Kadikale Resort.

Voyage Torba. (Wonderful)

Kefaluka Resort and Spa. (newly opened in 2009, so may be some good offers?)

I have suggested the above hotels mainly because of the ages of your children, and the fact that there isn't a great deal of travelling time once you have collected your luggage. Longest distance is thru to Turgutreis (about an hour) the others between 20 and 40 minutes, Lara Beach being the nearest to the Airport in Antalya, have to consider everything when you have little ones. (ain't that the truth?)

All the hotels have good facilities, little clubs, playgrounds, excellent staff, kiddies pools and most offer a baby sitting service (small surcharge).... if you do require other board options, then I know others will be able to help.

Hope you get what you want, and if you need any more advice then please, shout up.

p.s. Ask when booking that you are getting a family room, not a room that sleeps 4. These can be cramped unless specified.
With two children I would recommend self catering. You can get an apartment that sleeps 4 people and ask for a cot for the little one. We have two young children and we always stay in an apartment it gives us more space, we can cook soemthing for the children if we want and also we can put the little ones to bed and sit in the lounge or balcony for a drink rather than being restricted to a hotel room. It is quite cheap to eat out in Turkey and they cater very well for children.

Which area were you thinking of going to?

Kedi
Remember when self catering with children, there is always an under occupancy charge, as children are not classed as adults and therefore for example if there r 2 adults and 2 children in a 2 bedroomed apartment, you will get charged for only having the 2 adults.

Lisa :duh
When we book apartments we just pay for the apartment, not per person. We book direct though not with a package company.
any apartment I have ever used charges per apartment per day/week - amount not dependant on the number of people staying there
hi,
ive found something that might fit my criteria.
Otium Sun Zeynep
it has a bungalow option at no extra charge.

the last tripadvisor reports that this is being refurbished, is there anyway to confirm that?
i would have thought most apartments are let per week or on a daily charge also check to see if they include any extra's like airport transfers and no extra charge for air con, as most people like a price they pay with no extra's :sun2
Most good 5*A/I hotels have family rooms .We have stayed at the Susesi and the Voyage in Belek and both have such rooms ,in fact we are booked into the Voyage in September this year .We are taking my daughter her husband and two kids with ue and they are booked into a family room which has one room with a double bed and one room with two single beds but as her youngest will only be months old then. they will put a cot in the room .These rooms are mostly what they call garden rooms which means they are seperate from the hotel ,much better for kids as there is never to much noise.

We would never go anything but A/I especially with kids.

Peter
booked to go to the limra resort in kiris in may.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.