Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
suitcases
6 Posts
From their website
From 25th October 2009, new baggage rules will apply on both domestic and international routes: You may carry one piece of baggage free of charge, but you will be required to pay a charge for carriage of the second piece of baggage even if it is within the total permitted baggage allowance weight.

Adults and children permitted of baggage limits for destinations are defined below. Babies under 2 years of age do not have baggage allowance.

2- Hand baggage : This is baggage taken on the plane by the passenger. Each passenger is permitted one item of unregistered baggage measuring 20 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm and weighing a maximum of 8 kg.

So only one piece of baggage per person, but you can have up to 8kgs hand baggage.

luci :wave
travelling end July - do these rules still apply?
Sorry I thought that date was from 2008. You can read their baggage policy HERE

so the 8kg of hand baggage per person is not counted in the normal baggage allowance? am i being thick
ie. we can take one case each - ie 3 cases
i can have a handbag
dh and dd can have 8kg of hand luggage each if they wish?
Yes that is correct or you could take a larger bag, as long as your handbag fits inside it, up to a total of 8kgs.

We have a dedicated Pegasus Airlines topic HERE where you can get information or ask further questions. I shall lock this one to avoide duplication.

Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.