Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
suitcases
18 Posts
Del try asking in the General Holiday forum as a lot more members pop in there:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=45
I bought an Antler model from Boundary mill in Colne,no intention to - just on a drive out, but reduced from £90 to £55 was best buy in cases we have had, and only 3.5kilo, good grips and a retractable handle that doesn't show any sign of sticking, you get a tacky little compass on the side also (just so it knows which way round the carousel it is travelling !)
Only thing about Goa (anywhere really) is the handlers who couldn't give too hoots to your property, the way they throw them about. This one will be on it's 4th visit to Goa, so lasted out so far.
I have thought about taking a very light weight large holdall also, less than a kilo most of them.
got one of the hard shell ones was smashed to bits on the flight out but the softer ones were o.k.
got a good deal on a pair of "sub zero" lightweights, so will see how they perform.
(still seem flimsy though!)
:tup Glad you're sorted. Let us know how they hold up :cheers
I will, but it won't be until february :(
;) We use backpacks - so much easier plus light! Just come back from 17 days Greece - my backpack weighed just over 10kg...and O.H's 10 and half kg...and we had limit of 20kg each - and we wouldn't need half as much stuff if we'd been going to Goa :rofl
Hi Betty Boop.. :wave:
Just wondering...are you able to lock your back-packs....thinking of getting one but cannot find one which you are able to lock... :que
We normally don't bother but when we backpacked Thailand we did get a few small combination locks and used those on the pocket zips. You can buy a 'mesh' which is cutproof which covers the whole of the back pack..we got one of these for youngest son when he was away for several months in Australia/N.Z.

;) think it was something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/PacSafe-Secure-Backpack-Bag-Protector/dp/B000N8GXI2 ..but know we didn't pay that much for it!

Our backpacks are both 65 ltrs. ;)
I use a really large, scruffy, nylon hold all that weighs virtually nothing. It holds an enormous amount and provided it's packed well gets stuff around without damage.

I've looked everywhere for another but can't find one - I think I originally bought it in the USA. I've used it for years.

Doesn't look too cool on the carousel in the airport but who cares?
Re :- remark about suitcase locks.
Let's face it they are there for cosmetic purposes in most cases, easily popped and snapped back together so you wouldnt know if your luggage had been tampered with till back home or at hotel.
I always use cable ties so at least you know if cases/bags have been got at.
Keep a small pair of nail clippers handy and spare ties in your hand luggage just in case you have to open for customs.
I always use the cable ties its because we cant usually find the keys to the padlocks. :D
Hard shelled one got cracked 1st time to Goa,,,,got the ultra lightweight nylon ones , they have lasted quite well for the past 4 years and will go back in Feb. Certainly wouldnt take anything expensive ...
Re locking / security take a look at these Tripneeds high security ones http://www.dealtastic.co.uk/travel-padlock-with-tracking-technology.html I found them to be the cheapest for that particular model but do also search other retailers for them.

I use the TripNeeds TrackerLock 400 TSA Lock With OKOBAN model (as above) not just for the high security of them but also for the OKOBAN tracking system, Tripneeds also have other similar padlocks that are a bit cheaper but without the OKOBAN tracking system http://www.tripneeds.com/tripneeds-tsa-locks-and-straps-c-22.html again check prices with other retailers.
have got the sub zero cases they are great used them 3 times now and no problems, u can put so much more in your case.
we always use massive soft sided holdalls that have wheels one end and handle for pulling along, they are incredibly lightweight and you can get tons inside!! our old ones lasted more than 8 years and we replaced them last season with new, as the wheels had gone on one and one was beginning to get a hole... but they are great...and easy to squash in the boot of the car too! :tup
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.