Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello

Hi Alan - as you know I totally agree. We booked through TCTV and for the last two weeks in October - again covering the half term - for 2 adults and 2 children in a family room inc insurance we paid £1400. For all your food and drink an ice cream and snacks this is excellent value. To know that the children and us can have as many drinks as we like all day and night is great. Nice to say yes to the kids everytime they ask for food and drink without clocking whats left of the budget. We can then use our spends on other more exciting things.

Lyn - give them a go and don't be afraid to lie a little about the costs you have already got - give them something to beat. What have you got to lose. From my experience in looking at prices First Choise are one of the dearest. Tell yourself what price you think is exeptable then make that your target - if you get it great - if you can beat it even better. With me it took a few calls to TCTV and a bit of bartaring (all good practice for Turkey!!) Good Luck.

Alan - are you getting ready yet?? Can't wait to go. Just need to book airport parking and hubby wants to reserve leg room seats on plane but other than that the suitcases are ready and waiting!!!!!

We will have to look out for each other there and say hi.
hi bailcat - oh yes im not afraid to haggle and usually knock a couple of hundred of :shock: :shock: . but this is for my friend and the price of £2100 from eclipse for 3 adults and i free child seems to be very good for the fist 2 weeks of the summer holidays :D . that comes out at £700 per adult each for the 2 weeks. have priced it up DIY for her and it came to roughly the same. it seems to be the family rooms where they are stinging you - quote for that £3000 then if you select "change room type ,untick the family room box and tick twin sleeping 4 amazingly it knocks £1000 off :evil: :evil: without phoning round for her and just checking internet cant find the sun city on thomas cook tvs website. maybe they havnt got it now :? :? . what was the price per adult you paid ????

lyn
Alan - are you getting ready yet?? Can't wait to go. Just need to book airport parking and hubby wants to reserve leg room seats on plane but other than that the suitcases are ready and waiting!!!!!

We will have to look out for each other there and say hi.

Not organised at all yet - We go on 10th Oct as you know so we will get packing around the 9th !!! Airport parking is not a problem for us as the family will drop us off.
I'll look out for you early on the 18th but as my other half's 40th is on the 17th I may look a little worse for wear!!!
just checking internet cant find the sun city on thomas cook tvs website. maybe they havnt got it now . what was the price per adult you paid ????

lynwestie - Thomas Cook TV are the TV arm of Thomas Cook and TC have the CSC in all there brochures therefore I would call them and ask for a quote anyway. The freephone number is on Sky channel for TC.TV.

As I said I paid £1270 for 2 Adults and a 12 yr Old (I got a free child place IIRC)
just rang thomas cook tv and price was a lot more - £954 per adult - i think the query is on the room allocation . for some reason eclipse seem to be allowing the 4 bedded room but most other systems seem to knock it out because one of the children is 15 meaning adult and the room wont take 3 adults + 1 child only 2 adults +2 children :twisted: :twisted: . she seems to think when she goes through to actually book it she will having problems :evil: :evil:

lyn
Hi Lynwestie

As Alan said give them a call. Tell them you have had a price for £1900 can they match or beat it. Tell them it is for a family room as well (unless you are not fussed with the other room - but when I looked in the brochure I thought for 4 people you needed a family room as the other rooms were for 3 or less???). I cannot remember what price we got per person - I imagine the adult price was around the 400's and think we got a free child. Just give them a try. If you game you could go lower than £1900. You just have to lie through your teeth basically. If it does not work then try again the next day but up your target price.

Bye
Thomas Cook Web Site says
"Twin4 room for maximum 4 people features air conditioning, balcony or terrace and private facilities"
.... and there are only 5 left for early July 2006!!!!
Web site quotes £885 basic cost PP but by the time you add supplements etc this will be over the £900 each.

I would shop around, get some better prices and then go back to TC TV who will beat it. (Hopefully)
hi - thanks everyone for your help - thomas cook tv wernt able to come anywhere near the £2100 that eclipse have priced - there appears to be only a couple of t/os that have these twin rooms for 4 allocated and even then they are in short supply for that date and even if you can find one at a good price you have the over 12 classed as an adult to contend with. thomas cook checked various operators for me but only cosmos let her put a 15yr old and an 8 yr old in. apparently it comes down to the good old health and safety rules that the 2 children must be under 12 :( :( . first choice/eclipse allowed it up to 16 and there was only 1 of these rooms left this morning and my friend reserved it until 4 oclock :D :D so unfortunately thomas cook tv couldnt even get it on the system to price it. cosmos was much more. we are both happy she has a good price for the school summer holidays even the lady at thomas cook said it was a good price and to snap it up in case they have made a mistake on their system. DIY price was around the same :( so it is now booked and she is very happy. :D :D and relieved.

lyn
I booked mine through Co-op travel direct but as a Thomas cook booking.

paid 1900 for 2 adults and 3 kids aged 13 , 9 and 7.
First choice wanted 3600 - some difference

Can anyone confirm for me if The sun City has mini golf?
I can't see Mini golf on the Web Site for club Sun City. I can see Large Chess though.

Web Site link is below:

http://www.suncity.com.tr/english.html
I booked with First Choice for next August - simply because First Choice was the only T/O which offered child discount for my 13 year-old daughter at this hotel, Thomas Cook and Cosmos had their child prices set at age 12 and under, whereas First Choice offers child prices up to age 16 at the Sun City. I got a FREE child place for my 13 year old, which I was very pleased with, considering it's an all-inclusive holiday :D Even if Thomas Cook's prices were lower it would still have cost me a lot more to book with them as I would have had to pay for 3 adults in total.
it just shows that the cheapest tour operater for me , does not mean its the same for everyone.
I ascertained from first choice that the price difference was their large supp for the room that sleeps 5+ - which you wouldn't have had.

also 2nd difference for me , you can't get 3 child prices , so regardless of how old my eldest child was , whether she 13 or 10 she would not travel free with any operater.

The moral - pays to shop around.

And thanks for the link to the hotel - something to wet the appetite
swimsuit - i certainly never saw any mini-golf there but that was last year :( .

lyn
Hi, Is it wristbands at the sun city, also are you allocated a table in the restaurant or do you just sit where you please. Thankyou.
hi ang - yes wristbands - and you can sit where you want in the resturant :D :D

lyn
you can sit where you want in the resturant

So, does that mean I can nip down for an early cuppa and toast on my own while the kids are still asleep; and I can send the kids down for their evening meal while I'm in the shower? :D
yes of course you can do that - when you go out at 6.30am to put the towels down :D :D . the resturant is right night door :D . erm maybe not i dont think the resturant opens that early. the only people about at that time are us stupid fools on the towel run :shock: :shock:

actually our 2 older older boys (14 and 12) often ate at differnt times to us but at that age :roll: :roll: :roll: they dont want "mum and dad" cramping their style :roll: :roll: :roll: .

lyn
at that age they dont want "mum and dad" cramping their style

My kids will be 16 and 13 next summer, and they don't even want each other cramping their style :lol:
I only asked because our hotels in Lanzarote and Tenerife this year were quite 'formal' in the dining room and liked families to come down together, but in another hotel in Lanza last year things were more relaxed and I often crept down for an early cuppa and toast alone in the mornings and then had 'second breakfast' with the kids when they woke up :wink: And it was great to be able to send them down for their evening meal out of my way while I got ready for the evening.
I'm looking forward to the Sun City now, even though it's 11 months away! I'm taking my big inflatable lilo (with arms and backrest) in case of sunbed problems :roll: Might invest in a small sun umbrella too, do they sell these in resort?
no definately not formal in turkey and not at the sun city :D - but not informal as in a "butlins" style (sorry bulins fans). there are plenty of smartly dressed waiters around and they will find you a table if you need, they set the tables for you and collect all your empties with the usual "turkish chat and charm" but you are free to go where and eat what you want :D :D. there are plenty of inflatables sold in the shops outside of the hotel :D . and you will find plenty of umbrellas. anything else you want and the turks will find it for you :wink: :wink:

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.