Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We are also going to Club Sun City with our two boys but in mid August. Can't wait :D !! We had a fab time at Club Pacific in Side last year but we've not been to Olu Deniz. We, too, would be greatful for any info.
:D hi, thanks for replying, shame our holiday dates don,t match up! it seems we were only an hour away from you last year as we were in belek & not side. i,ll let you know what sun city was like when we get back.
Hi every one :)
First time user hope im doing this right :?:
Booked to go to sun city first two weeks of may,4 adults and 1 child, flying from sunny manchester.
Has anybody just returned this summer any info would be great,Some brochures say there is a mini bar in room is this right?
(because would be usefull for awkward eating son)

Thanks all :wink:
hi there - yes stayed at the sun city end of may - this is a great hotel especially if you have children - Always plenty going on for older and younger children . Food and drink plentiful and always delicious. Yes i believe there was a mini bar in our room but we only used it for a fridge!!. entertainment in the evening is the usual kids disco, audience participation stuff with bingo, mr or mrs sun city, quizz , pls an extra couple of outside acts coming in each week, but the entertainment team were lovely and worked very hard . The hotel is in a great spot more or less in the centre of olu with plenty of shops (handbags t.shirts etc) and plenty of resturants if you feel the need to eat out, great turkish atmospere, So you get the best of both unlike some a/I s that are in the middle of nowhere!!! . The beach is a 5 minute walk - this will take you to the main beach which is probably NOT for small children as it drops sharply and being mostly pebbles it is difficult to get out. there is a hotel minibus that will take you to private beach on the lagoon which goes twice a day , here there are plenty of sunbeds and pedeloes /canoes which are free. My only word of warning is SUNBEDS - these are all taken around the main pool by 7.30 if your lucky and this was end of May!!. I was getting up at 6.30 each morning!! however this may of changed and there is also a smaller quiter pool just round the corner in the new apartment block. if you have anything specific to ask feel free and i will do my best to answer.
Thanks for the reply :shock:

Looks like i will be up at 6am most mornings then never mind i may see a bit more sun then.At least i can now take supplies for my little boy who
eats nothing but paste sandwiches and hoola hoops :( :(
Any more info on the rooms would be great are the doors lockable from the inside( do you remember ,i dont want my lad letting himself out in the middle of the night)

Thanks again.
My Wife and youngest son are going to Sun City on 10th October this year from Edinburgh.
The Web Site for the Hotel is here:
http://www.suncity.com.tr/english.html
There are several other threads about Sun City in the forum too.
Several other members on the forum (Bailcat, I think) have also booked to the same place due to the positive feedback everyone gives it.
It will be the first time for us to Olu Deniz as my whole family went to Turgutreis, neasr Bodrum for our first Turkey holiday last October.
Hi

Thanks for that web site address its been really helpfull alot of really good pictures on there ,the place looks stunning.

Thanks again
Liz :D
hi there rimmers - i dont think i can help much with the room doors - we were in in family room for 5 that was a double bed a bunk bed and bed settee type thing - this was was clean, maid daily i think (she may have had 1 day off!!) anything extra you require ie extra sheets, pillows let reception know and they will bring right down. i believe they were the usual key type that controlled the air con and electricity as well. there were also larger family rooms which we found out on the last day which we had for a late checkout room that were much larger - two interconnecting rooms but watch the lock on the interconnecting door (take the key out) - we had only been in there 10 mins and managed to lock all our luggage in one room and couldn't open the door!!!. take your plug in for the mozzies!! some rooms were worse than others we were on the top floor and they weren't too bad. Dont worry about your sons eating there will be plenty of choice for him our children are older (13,11 and 7) and they just used to help themselves to whatever they wanted and even the youngest soon found out how to get what he wanted in between from the snack bar. So lay back on your sunbed with a good book and enjoy!!!
rimmers just seen you are going beginning of may so should be a bit quieter re sunbeds- you may get a lay in until about 8am!!!
Hi all. Thanks for the replies. We have booked a family suite, apparently. Does anyone know if these are the same as the family rooms? Also, does the air conditioning stay on all night? That was our only gripe at Club Pacific in Side last year. Air con went off at 1.00am.....almost died of heat.
Thanks
Emma
hi there emma - could not be 100% but i believe the family "suite" to be the two interconnecting rooms which are much larger . if you get put in the 1 room with double/bunk/settee i would tell them you've booked a suite. If you've booked through thomascook/first choice you have probably paid a big supplement for the interconnecting rooms. We booked a "family room" with tulip holidays which was £1000 cheaper than the price thomascook/first choice wanted but our booking did state "family room". I think i would try to get it clarified.
the air conditioning we stay on all night as long as you have the door key in the electricity slot which could be annoying if half of your family want to stay out later.
Thanks for the reply. Funnily enough we were quoted £600 more by Tulip hols....over £3 000 for a family room, not a suite. We did book through Thomas Cook after much shopping around. We are limited to August so have to pay peak prices....so frustrating. I will try to clarify the room situation. Seven months and counting !!
Hi there lyn :D :wink:

So i can look forward to my lad eating ice cream 24/7 never mind it won't do him any harm for a couple of weeks .And as for the mozzies jungle strength insect repellent will get rid of those buggers. :!: :!:

Thanks for the info :wink:

Liz (Rimmers)
Hi there rimmers an welcome to holiday truths I am looking at booking to go here on the 2nd May I have already booked a package which was a great deal so by the end of the day I will know whether we are going to stay here instead as this place looks fantastic waiting for sone to come home from school and let him decide how old are your children my son is 8
Hi there

Sorry my son is only 3 but like most 3 year olds has to much energy for his own good .If all go's well at your end we may see u there good luck.

Rimmers :D
Hi there Rimmers we have booked arrive there on the 2nd of May I know its all inclusive but can anyone tell me if there are tea and coffee making facilities in the room as I do like to sit on the balcony and have a coffee watching the world go by when I fiest get up.
Hi there Ichmeler girl

Had a look on their web site again and unfortunately i didn't see any pictures of tea and coffee making bits , all i can suggest is taking a travel kettle and borrowing a set of cup and saucers from the restaurant(fills up your case though).There is a shop on site but i can't tell you wether it sells milk etc or just tourist kinda stuff.

see ya Rimmers :D
Thanx rimmers will do just though I may be able to save some room in the case still its only a small kettle little travel one cups fit inside and the lead
hi there - sorry no there weren't coffe/tea making facilities in the room - but hey this is all inclusive here - although your not meant to if your not too far from the resturant go and get yourself some and take it back - i did a couple of times and no body took any notice - just make sure you take the cups back after otherwise you may upset the cleaner !!! while we're on the subject i believe you could only get tea/coffee at certain times of the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.