General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:( I too was a priority booking having failed to get one last time! Sent everything off straight away and cheque was cashed 3rd February but have heard nothing. Mailed the sun customer services who told me I would have heard by 1st March or try the hotline. Heard nothing in the post spent the whole day calling the hotline number which is constantly engaged. Got through at 5pm to be told it is closed used the website sunholidayfaq but cannot find it with any search engine-how i found this site though! Really angry because I need to know if they have booked me anything and when to book time off work and they cashed cheque a month ago! will let you know if I hear anything! Anyone know the website link?
Don't know web link, where did you get sunholidayfaq from?? I have tried it but not valid. Surely we should have written confirmation by end of this week.
when the helpline closes at 5pm it asks you to look on their website and gives you this! Well postman has just called while I was on this and still nothing today! Will try helpline again all day!
My daughter received confirmation in the post this morning, it came direct from Haven holidays. She got her 2nd choice of dates.

I'm still waiting+waiting+waiting............. :cry:
Does anyone know if they let you change the holiday they've allocated you?
Think it will depend upon what you actually want to change. I have my daughter's letter from Haven in my hand as I type and it says "after you have paid your deposit you may wish to change some elements of the holiday e.g type of accommodation. We will try to meet your request, however, a charge of £20 per alteration per holiday will be payable". It goes onto say that "substantial changes such as a change of location or date will be treated as a cancellation".

You can contact Haven on 08705 411 411, 0900-1900 Mon-Sat.

Hope this helps.
i changed mine last year but within the group booked into - we were supposed to have gone to whiteacres in newquay who were part of the parkdean group but we had gone there in the easter and didn't really enjoy it - we phoned parkdean and they transferred us to torquay for a small fee of £20
Just a small observation...

but for the price who can complain!!!

Need I say more?

:?
I don't see anyone complaining Bizzilady, except for the folk who've not received anything and I think they're quite entitled to.

If you're referring to me about changing my holiday, I may have to ask for a date change. And no for the price we certainly can't complain.
Hi there

Please don't take it the wrong way I was not having a go at anyone, I was just a bit miffed as to how £9.50 holidays could cause such intense communication.

Hope you get the ones you want!
Bizzilady
Hi bizzilady, it's actually £9.50p per person,So if you times this by 6-8 people, then add the service charge,(For gas and electricity), then add the entertainment pass charge, on top! , it works out quite expensive! (As I found out myself, when I booked this sun hol last year) , yes you do save a few pounds, but when you have added everything together it doesn't work out as inexpensive, as they like to make out!

To everyone who is till waiting for a reply, regarding their dates, and accomodation, I can fully understand where your coming from, you send your cheque off (and it's been cashed), and you don't hear anything, it is frustrating, as you want to make arrangements etc etc... I know because we waited weeks when we sent off our cheque, but we did (Eventually), receive confirmation after about 6 weeks. Just hang in there folks, I'm sure you will hear very shortly. Regards, BBB
Got my confirmation in the post this morning!!!!!!!!!! :D

Did everone else hear today :?:
Hi been waiting nearly six weeks and still no reply, sent postal order, don't know if we have got a holiday. very fustrating can not get intouch with anybody phone line is busy all the time. wanted holiday in linconshire, anybody recieved a holiday please reply.
Hi,
I got my holiday booking about 3 weeks ago but have since done the European parks one which I havent received yet - though my cheque was cashed last week. Which of the deals did you do? the UK or Europe? UK hols should reply by 26th Feb & the european ones by 12th March. Has your cheque been cashed?
Have you tried emailing custserv@the-sun.co.uk

PS You might see that the rest of the thread is a couple of years old!!
Hi, recieved conformation yesterday, pleased we did get the dates and park that we wanted, although we have had to pay another £146 to upgrade to silver which hasn't made it much cheaper than booking direct. saving a little bit is better than nothing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.