Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I'm looking for some advice please,has anyone booked there holiday through sunshine.co.uk,If so are they trustworthy and was it a good experience from booking the holiday to coming home.
Thanks in advance :tup ,
tofog68
Hi tofog68 .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the company, which hopefully may provide some useful info.

David :wave
Hi

Wondering if anyone has booked with this company recently and if every thing was ok?
I have booked my accomodation in May from here and have to say great price for a self catering 1 bedroom apartment, did some research on the apartments and great reviews but thought I'd book with thomascook as I knew who they were (they had the apts at the same price as sunshine) but after lots of hassle trying to book with TC - basically each time I tried to book it wouldn't confirm tried to book over the phone 2 times and 1st one couldn't find and said someone would call me back I'm still waiting, and second time told me it must be fully booked (lied as I know from 1st call they all don't have training or the right system to book everything). So went back to sunshine and had it all booked and confirmed in 5 mins - great service would definately recommend them.

Andrea
Hi
I kept looking at sunshine as the accomodation we wanted was a little cheaper than 2 other sites, but in the end I booked with Travelrepublic for two reasons, the first being good reports from friends that had used them and secondly because they have airline failure insurance and accomodation insurance, both of which are free, as well as being ABTA of course.
I use Sunshine.co.uk all the time. they are brilliant, and really cheap. if you want any more info please do ask. :)
Hi, i booked a holiday with sunshine last july to go to olu deniz turkey. I only used them as all the major tour operators had no vacancies for the week i wanted to go. Alls i can say is PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. We paid for a standard room (at olu deniz resort hotel ) and it was no cheaper than anywhere else, when we got their we were put in an 'annexe room' and we only realised the rooms we had were terrible when we seen the rooms our family that we'd met up with had! We asked to be moved at reception and they refused saying sunshine had faxed them a confirmation through and said we had booked an annexe room. Apparantly sunshine only buy the annexe rooms at this hotel and sell them as standard! So we had to ring sunshines head office off my mobile which cost a fortune and it took 2 days out of our 7 days to sort it out. I complained when i got home and was told i would be getting no compensation. Please please please do not book with this company.
Booked with this company to Turkey, had a small problem with our family room not being available on the first night so the hotel gave us two double rooms next to each other, not ideal but more the fault of the hotel and not the company (which was medhotels, our accomodation provider via sunshine.co.uk)

I would use this company again
I used these last year.

I have to say I was incredibly impressed with their service. When I booked, one of the drop down menus didn't work correctly and when my booking went through it said that my son was a girl! I emailed them immediately even though it was 11pm on a saturday night, and I got a response immediately! We got an excellent price for our rooms, far cheaper than anywhere else, which allowed us to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite direct with the hotel for less than what the hotel wanted to charge us direct!

Great service and no problems . . .would use them this year but they do not have the availability we want/need

Karen x
I know this is an old thread, but looking to a book a holiday to Lanzarote (Costa Teguise to be exact) with them as they are about £900 cheaper than the company we booked through with last yr (Cosmos)

I see that theyre ATAB certified, though it does concern me that theyre not ATOL.

Has anyone recently booked a holiday with them? Very concerned as last yr it was just my partner and I, this time around its his Mum and siblings.

Thanks.

PS Has anyone ever booked a hotel using booking.com? The few reviews Ive found on them haven't been too good either.
I have booked with Sunshine on 4 different occasions and I have never had a problem with them. They have always been most helpful if I have had queries. Can only speak for myself, but I would be happy booking with them again.
BTW We wound up booking the holiday direct with Monarch (about £300 more than sunshine quoted us but we booked with a company we knew and have used before) this morning.
We've booked & travelled with Sunshine.co.uk to Malta before now and I've also booked accommodation for my parents with them. Absolutely no problem at all. You even get a letter from a Rep when you arrive at your hotel so you can meet with them - not something that usually comes with booking AO.

We've also used Travel Republic and had no difficulty there either.

I've just reserved 3 rooms in Luxor, Egypt for later this year with Travel Republic and my reservation shows the accommodation is provided by Hotels4U.com which is part of the Thomas Cook group of companies. But, if I book with Hotels4U directly - I have to pay in full whereas now, we've only paid a small deposit of around 20% of the accommodation cost. AND - the prices have gone up since I made my reservation :cheers
Thinking of booking with this company for a holiday to Turkey. Just to make sure they are Atol protected? Im always worried now with what is actually protected with recent problems documented with flyglobespan about how you book and how you are covered. :)
after some reading on there site it says that low cost airline bookings are not atol protected but other airlines are through their agents atol protection :que
You could always pay with credit card, if it's over £100 then you get some protection from them so I've heard.
i just don't trust a holiday company who is not ATOL protected or who do not provide supplier failure insurance either :think Think I will pay a little more and book else where
sunshine responded to my enquiry to say that they aren't atol and the flights they sell, unless thomas cook or thomsons or the like, are not atol protected. They do have supplier failure coverage but if the company or airline go bust when abroad you would have to pay for your own flight home and the CAA would not reimburse you.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.