Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I to have been wondering about 'Sunshine' as they have good offers,but what bothers me is,that they have no phone numbers to use.?
So,im still a little aprehensive about booking.?
In the end I booked with Hays Travel direct as I knew I would be fully covered. I phoned a very helpful travel agent at Hays and she sorted everything for me and price matched the cheapest deal I had found online! It is worth phoning Hays direct as I got cheaper deal on the phone than on Hays website.
Does anyone know if the luggage allowance is 15 or 20 kilo.?
I am on the verge of booking with 'Sunshine' for Egypt in 2 weeks time,but having not used them before i was a bit wary,however they do seem to be a reliable company ! :tup
The luggage allowance is probably an extra to be purchased after you have booked the holiday along with the transfers. Also are the prices 'live' or are you going to get a phone callin a day or too saying your holiday price has gone up ?

Denny
hi Denny,actually 'Sunshine' include the luggage in the price ,but it does,nt mention the weight,and from what they told me by email,they do no phone bookings either,which is why they can offer cheaper prices as they need much fewer staff .
chami ,you are quite right,I tried a dummy booking and it does indeed include baggage. Did you look in the very right hand column? It stated the baggage allowance there.

Denny
Oh thanks Denny,i did,nt spot the column with the weight.! :)
Hi everyone :)
Im writing this just to let everyone know that i have recently in the last month booked and returned from my holiday in Lanzarote/Playa Blanca.

Sunshine.co.uk are an absolute dream agent....No problems from start to finish, its easy to navigate round the site and there are no hidden costs, what your total cost says...is exactly what you pay! You get to choose what you want from your holiday, rather than them just fixing up a package for you. I cannot fault them in any way, shape or form.

Depending on the company you fly with though you must check whether or not you have to check-in online...but the confirmation emails from sunshine.co.uk tell you all you need to know and guide you through the process.

The only thing is, that I think that you always have to pay the full balance of the holiday and cannot pay a deposit first....So if anyone knows about this with past experience could you please let me know as im urgently wanting to book my next holiday through this company and would like the option to pay at a later date.

All in all I will definately be booking with sunshine.co.uk again and whats more...They are the cheapest I can find. (apart from the ones ive read bad reviews about, which i will not be taking a chance with!!)

Hope this helps someone :D

Stephanie
Hi, Stephanie

I have used Sunshine many times and have always paid a deposit and the balance later - you also have the option to pay small amounts off your balance as and when you want once you have paid the deposit. They also send you updates once a month by e:mail.
We booked with this company to go to Egypt in May. Had an email a couple of weeks ago to say that when we booked our holiday, we had not selected our free transfer, so that had done it for us!
First time we have used them, and generally reviews i have read are very positive, Hope we dont encounter any problems.
If all goes well, we will book with them for Turkey next year!
I booked with them last year looking for a reasonable price for Kefalonia (flights, accommodation and taxi transfer) . Can't fault them in any way at all for the service I had, and the booking process was very straightforward indeed for me.
Thanks prawn...Ive booked my next holiday for the same destination as before...Cant wait! And thanks to you I got to pay a deposit and i am now paying by installments! Brilliant. Most impressed with sunshine.

Thanks again :D
Just had to cancel a holiday with Sunshine due to breaking my ankle - the service was, as always, really good and efficient. As we had already paid in full (just 3 weeks before we were due to fly out) they repaid the balance, after cancellation charges, into our account within a few days. They have also been really good about sending copies of invoices etc. for our Insurance claims.

Again - can't fault the service.
Back from Egypt. Had no problems at all with sunshine. Am already looking for a week may 2011, and will have no hesitation using them again if the price is right.
Just wanted to post my experiences with sunshine.co.uk

I had flights booked direct with Goldtrail and hotel and transfers booked with sunshine. Rang sunshine on Saturday when I heard about Goldtrail and they said that hotel and transfer will be refunded through the free supplier failure cover that they provide. I faxed them copies of Goldtrails invoices etc on Monday as proof that I was due to fly with Goldtrail, and I have received an email to say that all monies for hotel and transfers (minus £15 admin fee) will be paid into my account in the next few days. So a big big thank you to sunshine.co.uk

Now, lets just hope that the CAA/ATOL are as quick and willing to pay back my money owed for the flights.
I contacted Sunshine support about a passenger change last Sunday, I received this message soon after..
"This message is only to inform you that we have received your e-mail and will be dealt with within in due course."
I've contacted them in the past and received a reply the next day, are they having any problems?
Forgot to mention I haven't heard from them since.
They may still be under pressure dealing with cancellations and rebookings following the Goldtrail collapse.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.