Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I'm c**p at all this booking lark :) I have to cancel a passenger and found out I don't get any refund. Been on the phone to them...zilch nada, I just don't get it that it costs £114:17p to change a passenger's name. In future I'll read everything before booking a holiday. No more Sunshine for us. £300+ down the pan.
I take it that your flight is with a low cost airline.

Recently had to do one with easyjet and they wanted £50 admin fee and £6 difference in fare so your charge is completely normal.
Ryanair have a flat fee of £100 per name change !!!!
Well, it began with £114:17p, dropped to £76, I asked for the change then they told me it has gone up to £100, anyone wanna a Yo-yo? :)
I've used Sunshine for several years now and always found them to be spot-on. Very good value for money, efficient and easy to use. Arrangements always work out well and as promised. Documentation is excellent as you print out hotel vouchers from the website at the time of booking - so no waiting around for e-mails or the postman. I've just booked a hotel with them for The Canary's in February after being let down by another holiday company.
hi guys :)
has anyone used the company this year? they are coming in £100 cheaper for my Hotel in orando?

thanks in advance :cheers
yep - booked a couple of weeks ago to go to Turkey for a week, and hotel price with them is half what it would be booking direct
Only gripe I have is that when I went through to book and pay, got a message that said flight's just gone up by I think £20 ! Not sure if that's strictly true cos the site said all charges were included, then when I got snail mail flight confirmation, it had luggage as an extra £20
If they "are" loading this as a hidden charge, at least it's cheaper than other firms, so guess it could be worse?!
They're still cheaper than others so I went ahead, it just galls me that there always seems to be an additional charge lurking grrr

That said, there was no charge for booking with my debit card, their prices are keen and I've used them before with no probs - and I'd use them again
Was just checking because someone asked a question on TripAdvisor about fridges on the Nile cruise boat we're booked on later this year via Sunshine.co.uk and the website won't load.

Is it just being updated or is there something I should know? :yikes
Hi Shell ... their site has been offline this evening, but seems to be back on again at the moment.

David :wave
Hi David

Thanks!

I managed to pop on at work today :) but sadly, it didn't answer the question. :(

Am trying to find out if there are fridges in all cabins on the Nile cruise boat: MS Serenade
A google of 'MS Serenade fridge cabin' suggests that there is a minibar/fridge in all cabins, but don't take my word for it. Perhaps you should contact Sunshine (http://www.sunshine.co.uk/Sunshine-Help.html),or post in the Cruises forum in case someone there is familiar with that vessel.

Am trying to find out if there are fridges in all cabins on the Nile cruise boat: MS Serenade

:think Try asking in the dedicated Nile Cruise Q&A forum somebody there might know! http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=26729
Graham

I posted in there a while ago when we were thinking of booking but not much came back from it....

It's not for me anyway, it's for a user on another forum whose name I daren't mention ;)
It's a lively enough topic but the replies are about everything else except the pertinent questions such as bar prices and the fridge in the cabin!
Hi Shell ... here in the Sunshine Holidays topic, you may not be in the best place to catch the attention of anyone with experience of MS Serenade. Unless you contact Sunshine via the link in my post above, then you might be best following Graham's advice, or perhaps suggest to the TA member to come on and make their own enquiries in that topic. ;)

Well, I got my answer yesterday regarding the MS Serenade...

There is a fridge, which isn't mentioned in any of the tour op brochures that feature this cruise boat.

I also got some prices for the cost of a large bottle of water LE 12 and large beers are a scandalous LE 35 so we will be buying ours elsewhere!

I also know the boat is moored down by the New Bridge but any map you look at seems to show the docking point as being stuck in the middle of the West Bank on dry land. :)

My reply was received from that "other" website..... ;)

So now 2 people have some much needed info. All good stuff!

We're making our own way to the cruise boat as we've booked everything totally independently as in flights (via Cairo from Cyprus), 2 nights hotel accommodation - hence, not being taken directly to the cruise boat from the airport by an operator and our return airport transfers have been reserved directly with a local agent at a cost of LE 60 each way for 6 of us in a private minibus.

Sunshine.co.uk have provided us with a link to the YouHotels.com website which doesn't give any more info than we already have but they have given us the area where the boat docks, which ties up with the New Bridge location from a Luxor chat forum I visit.

All I have to do now is count down the weeks. Not that I'm excited or anything.... :tup
I booked my friends holiday through them to Cyprus last year she went into apartments in Protaras. We all had a great time, the company really good.
I've managed to reach the cruiseboat company directly and they've added our hotel details to their reservation notes just in case there are any last minute changes to embarkation and docking points etc. They've said they will get a message to our hotel should there be any changes....

All parts of our holiday have been booked independently of each other so there's no one body we can contact if there are any hiccups before we reach the boat. Getting that part of my message through to YouHotels took some doing - but we got there in the end.

We've booked many holidays (flights and accom combined) for my parents to Cyprus with no problems in the past but they weren't being very forthcoming with the details this time. We booked through sunshine but they kept providing youhotels info to us without any contact information.
cyprus100,

I have split your post onto its own thread as it was more a review of the cruise than of sunshine.co.uk

I have posted it here: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/serenade-nile-cruise-boat-t156847.html

Thanks

Chris
Thanks Chris

I couldn't find any way to review a Nile cruise boat....
But - I do think Sunshine.co.uk should be made aware of our findings....

They are not a holiday complaint but as they are supplying this boat to other guests, there are some things they may wish to take notice of - in case other people do complain.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.