Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
not many supermarkets in Ayia Napa itself other than touristy ones. The best ones we were recommended were in Paralimni - about 5-10 minute drive from where you will be. Coccinos and Carrefour - Coccinos is the cheapest and apparently the one the locals used. You drive to Paralimni and you will see them on the right hand side as you go down the main street in the town.
Or try Orphanides near the church in Paralimni just off the coast road....it's recently been refurbished and it has a good choice
Can you get a bus from Napa to Paralimni? If so is it from the bus stop opposite Clarabels?

J.
Can you get a bus from Napa to Paralimni? If so is it from the bus stop opposite Clarabels?

Yes....the bus goes all the way to Paralimni and stops right next to Orphanides and beyond into Paralimni, it makes a lot of stops en route so can take a while. Bus stop opposite Clarabels :tup
There is now a new supermarket in Ayia Napa, its on the road that runs along past the Grecian Hotels, its called Plus. There is a Plus in Dherynia and it has some good prices.

If you are in Ayia Thekla head up towards Paralimni from Ayia Napa just after you enter the town you will find a huge Carrefour on your right , before you hit the traffic lights, after the traffic lights keep going and you will see Kokkinos on your right, this is the most popular with the locals but Carrefour and Orpahnides have a good selection.
Yes....the bus goes all the way to Paralimni and stops right next to Orphanides and beyond into Paralimni

So is it worth getting the bus there to shop if you are in Napa for 2 weeks, or should we just stick to getting basics (bread, wine, OJ etc) in Napa's local outlets?

J.
I'd generally say if you haven't got a hire car then shop locally, because the hassle of the bus plus time, plus cost probably outweighs shopping in Napa and saving the hassle :tup

There is a supermarket in Ayia Thekla......albeit a small one but has all the essentials
There is a supermarket in Ayia Thekla......

Where is Ayia Thekla in relation to Napa? :que

J
Sorry got the impression from Elizabeths post that this is where your staying !

If your in central Napa there are plenty of supermarkets......there's a well stocked one behind the Nestor Hotel which we usually use for choice of goods.
Lol
Just realised there is 2 members asking for directions, if you have no car , probably best to shop locally for bread and milk, the bus does run past the new Plus supermarket in Ayia Napa , I shop in the Dherynia one and the prices are OK.
Thanks Miss Chief, i know that supermarket as i stayed in the Nestor last July,I think yo mean the one between the Nestor and the track that goes left to Pizza Hut?? Not going to be far away this year either....... as staying at Anesis. Fly out on 20th July.

J.

elizabethmcphee, where is new Plus supermarket?
Julian......the one I'm talking about is literally across the road from where your staying opposite the entrance to the Anesis, next door is pub.

Elizabeth mentions in her post above where the Plus store is.......if you head from your hotel to Grecian Bay Beach heading away from Ayia Napa the Plus store is on this road.....you can't miss it :tup
Hi
Its either before or just after the Big Chinese, depending which way you are coming from. lol, if you get one of the tourist maps look for the road from the harbour and follow it around towards the Grecian Sands /Grecian Bay hotels.

Its right across from the new Pasty Mine Shop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.