Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I did it by flight to Delhi and i have done it by train as well. You can book a flight from uk from Goa to Delhi then go to train station at Main Bazaar in Delhi and book a train to Agra and come back to Delhi the same day as there is nothing much else to see in Agra. Flight would be about £100 return .Train from Delhi to Agra is about 2hr .30 mins that doesnt cost much at all and they are really helpful in the train station when you book a ticket.
Plenty of hotels in the Main Bazaar . We paid 250rs a night for ours .Wasnt posh by any means but had tv and shower. We were out shopping or sightseeing Delhi most days .In Delhi there is a memorial to mahatma Gandhi which is just amazing. You see where he was shot and the house he lived in .Very humbling.
I would allow 4 days to do Delhi and Agra.
From Delhi i then went to Amritsar GoldenTemple and 20 mins taxi from there is the Pakistan/Indian border. The temple is just mind blowing we were so amazed by it and the border is just so good to watch . Not sure if it will be the same at the border now cause of the troubles they are having with Pakistan .
To book a train to Agra from Delhi you wont get a ticket on the day you go but probably the next day and make sure you return to Delhi 5-6 hours later.So keep your hotel room on .
There are quite a few independent travel agents around Calangute that do deals for Taj Mahal, Jaipur, Red Fort, Delhi, Fatepur Sikri etc.
They will be cheaper than Thomsons - maybe not as cheap as DIY but you will have guides and taxis arranged, which we found very convenient.
We did four nights and it was pretty full on.
Many agents will tailor a tour for what you want to see. I would wait till you get there and on the first couple of days visit all the agents and compare.
Hi

In Feb this year four of us booked with a local travel agent in Candolim, we took a flight from Goa to Dehli, we were met a the airport by our driver in a large air conditioned 4x4, we had a tour of Dehli & then onto Agra.It was a five hour drive, but we saw some wonderful sights on the way.It was the the Friday night & a lot of weddings were taking place.To see the groom riding through the streets on their white horses was just amazing.The hotel in agra was top notch ( plasma Tv, mood lighting etc ).We stayed in Agra for two nights.We had the driver on 24 hour call & our own guide for our duration in Agra.The Taj Mahal & the Red Fort were out of this word.We had a further visit to Dehli on the day of our return & then our flight back to Goa.We did it all for £310 each.Now where in the world can you visit one of the modern wonders of the word, have have flights, your own driver and guid for this kind of price.You may get it cheaper doing it DIY, I would suggest that you don't take the strain of it all & let the local agent sort it all out for you. :wave:
That sounds great Goa6 - which agent did you use?

You may get it cheaper doing it DIY, I would suggest that you don't take the strain of it all & let the local agent sort it all out for you.

Agree completely!!
Hi,

Sorry about the delay, but I am not sure if I can give advertisements on the forum.I don't want to break any rules and upset Fiona.I will PM you the details.
absolutely no problem with posting details of who you used for your trip. Recommendations are always helpful. Indeed I have several times recommended who I used ( but no good in this case as we flew into Delhi first and organised internal flights ourselves)
Hi Goa6,

Will you please post the details, I would be interested to. Or you can PM me.

Thanks Yvonne x
ok.. Shantadurga Tours & Travels candolim. just down the road from the highland beach hotel. next door to the Cato Loco. hope this will help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.