France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
nope, we have brought food back from France many a time too, my most recent time was last Saturday.
We took half a roofbox of food to France last summer. I had a lot of Tesco Clubcard vouchers which we used to stock up on bags of rice, pasta, crisps etc to save money.
The only time we have had a problem was 2001 during the F&M outbreak when all we were able to take was babymilk.
Judith wrote:
No, not any longer.

Agree with Judith but for confirmation check the Government website There are no restriction except if you bring in too much and look like you're liable to sell the stuff
Lensman 2002 wrote:
Judith wrote:
No, not any longer.

Agree with Judith but for confirmation check the Government website There are no restriction except if you bring in too much and look like you're liable to sell the stuff

Do you think I might have been arrested a few years ago when I had 11 Christmas puddings with me when driving through France on my way home to Germany.? :rofl
:rofl
Judith wrote:
Lensman 2002 wrote:
Judith wrote:
No, not any longer.

Do you think I might have been arrested a few years ago when I had 11 Christmas puddings with me when driving through France on my way home to Germany.? :rofl

:rofl you could have been in Custardy
They probably might have thought you had a fetish for them? ;)
My partner works in the food industry, and still argue that you can't take meat or dairy produce, but like many posters on here, i have to agree that i can only ever remember such bans during food and mouth!
I think those restrictions apply to non EU countries Cidermonster.
Cidermonster II wrote:
My partner works in the food industry, and still argue that you can't take meat or dairy produce, but like many posters on here, i have to agree that i can only ever remember such bans during food and mouth!

Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I think those restrictions apply to non EU countries Cidermonster.

I agree with Glynis

There are No food restrictions between EU countries at the present so we are going loaded with Bacon and other stuff our Tourer fridge will be stuffed solid on the way down and full of French and Spanish food on the way back too
you know REAL Chorizo and Goats Cheese and other delicacies
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.