Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hi there

have just booked for the Electra palace and didn't book the transfer as it was £15 per person, please tell me that a taxi from the airport will be cheaper!
A taxi from the airport WILL be cheaper! :)
From the airport I dont know, but we got transfers included in our deal but had we got it locally we';d have saved a tenner if that, not really worth the hassel.

Once you're in Raki I recollect it was anywhere in town for 5€ , in a Merc!! Oh yes, the Taxi's are well posh!

Its more fun to walk though!!!
Taxi fares are on the board by the taxi rank outside the airport. Much less hassle than going on the coach----and quicker in the heat.
when we went to rhodes town we waited at the taxi rank and we had to share a taxi with people going to the same hotel, not a problem, it was funny , but both parties had to pay the fare,,, very cleaver and industrious dont you think, i could not imagine for one minute that working here on a sat night out lol
That's how they keep taxi prices down - it's normal for a taxi to pick up someone else en route and charge separately. They even have a second meter for doing this.
If it'd get the cab fares down i'd happy for them to start doing that here!!
Hi, can anyone tell me roughly how much i should expect to pay in a taxi from the airport to the sun palace hotel? Thanks
from what i remember it is about 50 euro. the drive takes about 20-30mins direct.. i used to work at that hotel when are you going? and what company are you travelling with?
Thanks...

We're looking at giong for a week on the 29th June, travelling with lastminute.com

Any tips??? or anything we should know? any help would be appreciated!
Not sure what resort it is in, the prices are fixed by the licencing authority and are displayed on a board outside the airport. We went from the airport to Lindos last year which is a 40 kilometre taxi ride and it cost 36 Euro
Hi, i note that taxis to and from the airport to Rhodes Town are approx 15 euros. Does anyone know if they can accommodate 4 people with 4 suitcases .... i dont like to travel light ... Thanks
Hi Idrollin!
You shouldn't have a problem, taxis are all large Mercedes and though they only seat 4 have plenty of boot space.
If you go to http://www.gotorhodes.com and click on "taxi prices" it will give the prices from Rhodes town to the resorts on the island.
Choose your resort from the left hand menu and it will also give the price from the airport to that resort.
Some other useful stuff on that site as well.

Andy.
Does anyone have a good contact for booking taxis? I would prefer to book one than just queue. I have booked my hotel and flights independently and so don't have a tour operator to do it for me. I know there are often websites for local taxis - in halkidiki there is so I just wondered if anyone here has any info. Thanks.
Mandibee
When daytime flights arrive there is usually a long line of taxis right outside the arrivals door so it would be unlikely that you will have to queue. Also there is a board with all the main destinations stating the price which is fixed, just check with the driver and away you go. We have done DIY holidays to Rhodes several times and never had to queue.

Mike
Thanks for that - I have never booked taxis before, but reading some threads for Rhodes it seemed a bit of a battle. We haven't been to Rhodes before but have been to many places DIY, it saves a fortune! We land at about 3.15 in the afternoon so with any luck should be ok. Is the airport very slow with bags etc?
Last couple of years from landing to being outside the door with bags heading for a taxi has been no more than 45 minutes
Does anyone have any advise re price of airport transfer to and from Rhodes Airport and Kiotari? Already been quoted £96.16. Does anyone know if it is cheaper just to jump in a taxi at the airport or does anyone know a good website to pre-book transfer prior to holiday in late August?
Cheers.
hi lizc

why don't you try posting this on the rhodes forum?

you might get some replys there!!!

lou x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.