Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Val

That is great news, and as you say you can now totally relax and enjoy your hols. :sun

Our is still going through OK. I know what you mean about memories; although I can't wait to get out of the area due to the way it has declined over the last few years there will still be a part of me that will be sad to leave the actual house. It has been our home since we got married almost 22 years ago, so we have spent a lot of time and effort getting it how we want it, not to mention money :yikes. This is the only house my kids have ever known and to be honest if I could move my house to Tenerife I would be in heaven. Unfortunately the way things have changed around here we have no choice but to move for the sake of the kids, but don't get me started on that because I just won't stop, that's a whole new topic :!:
Hi Jackie

Any news on your move or I you still like me still waiting :(
Kay

Yes, like you we are still waiting but solicitor and agent says everything is going ok.

Rgds Jackie
Hi Jackie
You may have jetted off on your hols
We are still waiting :(
Hope all goes ok

Signature deleted see PM

allmen
I'm still here as well Kay, don't fly out until 15th.

Have a good Christmas and New Year

Regards Jackie
Jackie
Enjoy your holiday.Hope you have a great time and drink plenty of voddy! :lol:
Thank Fiona

If you're ordering me to drink plenty of Voddy then I better had :lol:

Have a Great Christmas & New Year

Regards Jackie
Hi Jackie

Just to let you know I am getting there at last
:fly off on Wednesday 20th December :D
Will be away from computer from Sunday
Hope to see you on the other side soon

Take care
Regards Blue Marlin
Hi All

Just an update on how things are going. We had a brilliant time in Tenerife at Christmas and was very sad to have to come back to the yUK.

Have signed contracts on our house so are just waiting to hear that they have been exchanged OK. So it won't be long before we are off, YEAH.

Did plenty of house hunting while away at Christmas and found a beautiful house in El Roque, which for those of you who are not familiar with is about ten minutes inland between Valle San Lorenzo and San Miguel. The owners are English so made negotiations easier. Just found out yesterday that they have accepted our offer which means NO MORTGAGE :pele

Kay - Didn't read your last post until after the New Year. We arrived home on the 30th and by the time the New Year hangover had worn off it was the 2nd Jan. Have tried to contact you on another forum without much success. I really hope everything is going well for you and the move went smoothly. Hopefully i'll catch up with you one day.

Kind Regards
Jackie B
Hi Jackie
Glad you had a great holiday.All sounds like great news re: your move,really pleased for you and your family. I envy you so much! In a nice way though.. :wink: Lovely area your new house is in..holidayed in San Miguel 2005.
I've sadly had to put all of my holidays on hold this year,because one of my cats has recently been diagnosed with diabetes...he's so skinny! :cry: Has to have insulin injections daily now.
Will always be taking a look on here though, to catch up with all the goings on.
Good luck with it all. :)
  • Edited by FionaI 2007-01-17 10:57:52
Hi Jackie

Havent spoken to you before but after reading your last post I felt I just had to comment. Reason being I was in Valle S>L> at xmas,where my family and I went with our friends to a true spanish restaurant there. Can,t recall its name but it sells the biggest ribs youve ever seen and has a HUGE 'walk in size' oven.Whilst eating you could actually hear the saws being used to cut up these enormous sides of meat. So cheap too. Our friends live on the island now(their kids go to wingates in nearby Cabo Blanco) and we have just bought an appartment out there so hope to visit lots. We are even contemplating moving out there lock,stock & barrel,like our friends. They have been over there 3 years now and have never been happier so I am sure you will love it. Good luck with your move and every happiness to you in your new life! Karen x
Karen

Thanks for your words of support. Where abouts do your friends live. My youngest son will be going to Wingate - he is 15. Also where have you bought your apartment. We have been thinking about this move for about 5 years now but acting on those thoughts for about 18 months - it's not easy looking at properties when your almost 3,000 miles away but hey - life would be dull if everything was straight forward (that's what I keep telling myself anyway so I don't go :bhead)

Kind regards
Jackie B
Jackie

My friends live in Callao Salvaje . Thats also where we have bought an apartment. They have 2 girls (11 and 13) Our daughter is also 13 in fact we first met them when Trina and I were both pregnant so our daughter is best friends with the 2 girls too! Wingate seems to be a vey good school ,having
been there several times to collect the girls, although be wary of the 'car park' though - its just a dirt track outside the school gates!!
Further update.

Exchanged contracts yesterday and have a completion date for 30th March. I know it is still a few weeks away but we chose this date so as not to disrupt our youngest one's schooling too much. (He is in year 10 and working towards his GCSE's). So I will sooon be joining you Kay (Blue Marlin)

Regards Jackie
Congratulations Jackie :pele :pele :pele

We should be at that stage next year hopefully. :lol: :lol:

All the best.

The new house sounds nice :D send some pics when you arrive.
Jackie, that is such great news after all your trials and tribulations...it won't be long now before you are enjoying your own little piece of Tenerife..Good luck with the move....
Thank you both for your replies. I am really excited, nervous, happy, sad and every other emotion going.

Regards
Well done Jackie delighted to hear things have worked out for you at last. Start of a whole new life for you and your family. Very exciting!! Wish you all every happiness.
Catherine
Hi

i am new to this forum and just wanted to say Hello to all you forum members.

I also went to Tenerife for the first time from Sunday 21st January 2007 to Friday 26th January 2007. I must say that I loved the island and would definately go again but it depends on my friends.

I have friends that live on the island and I stayed with them all the time that I was there.The weather was in the mid 20's and had clear blue skies,nearly every day.

I may be going to Tenerife again in early May but it depends if I can get a cheap flight
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.