Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I have read that these apartments are in a really quiet area of Poniente but is there a bar or cafe nearby that we would be able to get breakfast?

Dont fancy having to walk into town and then trek back just to get a bacon buttie!!

I have read the reviews on these apartments and they sound great.

Have seen a really good deal for these apartments on the net and I am really tempted.

Advice please.

Carmel :D
Hi Carmel - the breakfasts at the Terralta rest/snack bar were really good I found, and very reasonably priced - little bit of a walk to get anywhere else to eat - there isn't anywhere particularly close to the apartments. We just ate there, or bought stuff to have in the apartment before going out for the day.

If you've got a good deal there you should go ahead and book - they are terrific apartments!
Thanks for that MeerKat.

Have taken your advice and booked it.

It was such a good deal that my visa card jumped out of my purse on its own - desperate to be used!!!

I couldn't pass up on a bargain could I??

Need to start saving as I am going to Mallorca for 2 weeks in June before going to Benidorm in October.

Carmel :lol:
Great Carmel - I loved the apartments so hope you have a great time. In Majorca myself in June and then Cyprus in October so know what you mean about saving hard!

By the way the pool is particularly nice at the Terralta, and there is second "adults only" pool to the rear of the complex which can be a quieter area to relax in.
Can anyone tell me if you have to pay a key deposit on arrival at the terralta apartments?

Carmel
Hi Carmel - 2 years ago we didn't - I presume you mean a despoit for the key to the apartment?
does anyone know of a website i can book inderpendantly for 2 bedrooms thie own website does only for 4 people thanks.
there own web site does 2 bedroom where it says calculate cost put in dates and you will see a1 for 2 people that is a one bedroom a2 for 4 people that is a 2 bedroom they are booked very quickly freedomdirect seems to be the cheapest in uk. there is a spanish company i have used phone them dont put credit details on web site they are alavante if you have problems put dates and i will look for you i have tried to book last minute for mid june and they are full.
Give Wintersunshineholidays a try, if you use them again you will also get an 8% discount.

Best Regards - Taggy :)
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone knows if the kids club at these apartments is a hotel run one or is run by a tour operator? We are thinking of booking these independently and we have been to Benidorm on loads of occasions and are aware these have a kids clubs but wanted to make sure it was hotel run before booking it.

Also anyone know what time time the bus runs till that you can get outside the apartments into the old town/levante.

Any info much appreciated.

Sarah
Hi sarah

We stayed at these apartments in August and have booked independently for next year (Travel Republic was the cheapest when we booked).

Kids club is hotel run. Buses into the old town run every hour from outside the hotel until about 8.30 pm. Don't know what time the last bus back is, as we used to walk back. To be honest, if you'e not going too far into the town, its sometimes just as quick to walk, our lads are 11 and 14, so walk pretty fast. Its all downhill on the way there, although we did have a steady stroll back up the hill at the end of the night a few times.

These apartments are lovely Sarah. Supermarket, bar, snacks, meals etc are really reasonably priced, the cheapest we've every experienced in an aparthotel.

If you need any more info please feel free to ask :D

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
Hi

We were at these apartments last year and had a fab time. During the day the kids club was run by the airtours reps and on a night time the entertainment was organised by the hotel (two spanish girls). If you are looking for something different than the normal high rise apartments of Benidorm then these are definately worth a visit.
Ok Guys

I was meant to book this hoilday in 2006 lol but never got there! I have now built up the gutts to try out benidorm! We tryed rhodes last year and i was once again bored out of my mind, i mean how much food can one eat??? pub where rubbish and everywhere was shut at 12pm.

I really miss the english people when i go on hoilday, We are much more open minded and up for a laugh.

Ive booked Terralta Apartments for 19th July for 2 adults and 1 child. Im a bit worried about my husband as when he has a drink or two he becomes a big wolly! and i can never get him home :cheers Not sure he will want to come home???

is there anything i should be careful off, or take with me ect, do you think i will have to get up again at 6am to get a sunbed?? as i get a bit sick of sitting on the floor " im a late riser" lol

Also, what are the best family pub to go to, where the kids can play pool game ect This hoilday really is for my son who 8 as every other year the poor thing just ends up sitting playing ds as he cant find any english friends?? :(

Thanks guy xx

Ps is anybody eles going here on the same dates???
Hi Cathy

We have just come back from the Terralta and had a fantastic time.

We took our 8 year old son with us and he had a ball, they had a club every day and they played pool, darts etc he made loads of friends. He was in the pool everyday and there was always a life guard on duty - they were allowing inflatables but that may change when its really busy.

I would imagine there will be a bit of a dash for sunbeds in July - some people seem to set their alarm go and put out their towels and then go back to bed!! :rofl

Some nights we got the bus to the new town and some nights strolled down the hill to the old town - but we always got a taxi back. All the pubs welcome kids - my son liked the Pig & Whistle in the Old Town - he said he liked the music and he was also able to play pool.

In the new town we wandered round loads of places and kids were made welcome in all of them. I cant remember all the names. He is crazy about sport so any pub with Sky Sport or Football on he was made up.

Before you go email the apartments and request an apartment with a pool view - some of the ones at the back dont have too good a view.

The apartments are really well equipped so there is nothing really that you need to take with you.

Hope this helps - any questions just ask.

Carmel :wave:
Hi Cath

We stayed at the Terralta last year and were so impressed we've booked again for this year. Think we may be there for your second week :) The apartments are brilliant, clean, very friendly and we went last August, and didn't have to get up that early to get a sunbed.

We have two sons, 15 and 11 and we found some excellent places to eat out at night that also had entertainment on. The prices were really reasonable too. We tended to stay in the old town, we did venture into the new town a few times, but much preferred the old town.

I think you'll be really impressed with Benidorm. There's something there for everyone. Whether you want quiet, lively, busy, spanish, british, or just laid back ............. you'll find it all in Benidorm!

If you want any other information on the Terralta, please feel free to PM.

You'll have a cracking time! :)

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
Hi all

Have any of you stayed at the Terralta apartments Benidorm and anyone stayed (or staying) at Christmas. I have been looking to book somewhere for ages and cannot believe how cheap this is, is there a catch I ask myself!
  • Edited by David 2008-08-04 10:26:16
    Merged with existing Terralta Apts topic, which also contains links to our reviews of this complex
I would'nt have thought there was a "catch" with these apartments, they seem to attract very positive reviews indeed in most cases. The only drawback i can see with these apartments is that they are quite a walk from the main entertainment areas of Benidorm, quite a hill going back up to them, but taxi,s are readily available.

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Denise

We´re at the Terralta at the moment - second visit and still as good as last year. Up quiet a hill, but set in a lovely quiet residential area, about 10-15 minute walk into the old town and probably about half hour into the new town. However, the bus stops directly outside the apartments every hour.

The only thing that I would say is that the entertainment at the Terralta really isn´t up to much. However, the entertainment in the old town and new town is excellent so that wouldn´t be a problem.

Wish I could come at Christmas!!!

Best Regards

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.