Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I had a similar problem in Dec 2008 when I was having my first trip to Bangkok & Phuket, it was at the time the yellow shirt protestors occupied the airport. Fortunately they moved out a week or so before we were due to fly and everything went well.

I went back to Phuket last Dec but went via Singapore this time and had a great time. Bangkok is a great place to visit and the chances are that by Dec 2010 everything would be ok for you to visit but nobody really knows. I would be tempted to leave as it is but can understand your concern so why don't you ask your tour operator to change the Bangkok part of your trip to either Singapore or Kuala Lumpur, you can then fly to Krabi from either.

I was thinking of going back to Thailand this Dec but have decided to go to Cambodia instead via Kuala Lumpur.
  • Edited by datsun05 2010-05-19 07:22:18
thank you very much for your advice, I will contact them now and see if they can do that.
Did you book on Thai Airways? If so chances are you won't be make changes until much closer to the time.

The flights to Krabi from KL & Singapore are with budget carriers (Tiger & Air Asia) so your Tour Op won't book you on those. You can get scheduled flights from Phuket which is 3-4 hours drive from Krabi.

You will be able to re-book (most likely) the Bangkok - Krabi flights for about £75 a head so you are just connecting through Bangkok if you did this at the moment.

My advice would just be to hold off for a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.