Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
hi Gooner
what time of year are you thinking of going? This would make a big difference as to what resort people might recommend. We have flown from Bangkok to Koh Samui and found it easy and well organised. I would imagine it would be the same for other destinations. You might find it may even be less hassle than the drive to Hua Hin/Cha Am( especially with two young ones!) I would just go DIY for your holliday. We did use Thomas Cook when we combined Singapore and KS and found they had a great price.
Hi Gooner i would definately recommend Ko Samui for a family as there are many families there and they can do Elephant riding etc, the flight is not too much hassle at all and Bangkok Airways who operate the route are excellent, I just returned from threyesterday - it was my 4th visit to Ko Samui and I loved it.
I know people who love Pattaya, but I was more than happy to get out when we were there...the atmosphere of the place was just not like any other part of Thailand I've been to...its not like Cha'am or Hua Hin. Its very built up, certainly in the part we were at (the Marriott)...some male guests were bringing their lady friends back...hotel staff looked unhappy and seemed amazed when you asked for Thai food. The beach was uninspiring. I leapt on a plane and went to Chaweng, Koh Samui which was a paradise in comparison and I don't particularly like Chaweng.

If its a winter holiday I would choose some where like Phuket, you could even fly there direct from UK with Thomson or Airtours (oh wash my mouth out with soap mentioning those two when theres all those scheduled services you can use). I don't think the internal flights should be too onerous...you are only on the planes for an hour or so. Can't vouch for what things may be like when the new Bangkok Airport comes on line though...might actually be better.
thanks for the advice so far...we're planning to go next easter, which falls at the beginning of April.
we were in HH in April a couple of years back- fantastic weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.