Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Thailand ADVICE
7 Posts
Hi Big Daddy, whilst your waiting for a reply it might be of interest to you to have a look at our hotel review site here.

Sarah
Hi just back from Thailand, Bangkok for 4 nights and Phuket for 8, we had a great time.

We went to the Tiger Temple and the River Kwai with Hell Fire Tours, we booked on the internet before going, they were expensive and we should have waited till we got to Bangkok before booking.

The Tiger Temple in amazing, it's hard to believe that you are touching a fully grown feirce animal. If you pay extra you can sit with the tigers head on your lap with your hand over its mouth.

The experience and photss are worth the drive.

If you are going to Phuket, the best tour we did there was John Gray Starlight Sea Canoe. You go to various hongs/caves, it is so surreal and very hard to describe. The best way I can describe it is you are on the set for Lost.

Hope this helps :D
Cherish, re River Kwai tours, could you book "tailor made" tours from Bankok, or were they already planned? Can you give me any idea of the prices and the difference between booking before you go, as opposed to waiting till you get there?
I would like to hire a guide and put my own tour together if possible.
hi cherish ,
thanks for the information,
we plans to go to Bangkok , and then Tiger Temple, and then Combodia...
i appriciate your help..

thanks once again
regards
kalpesh
Hi Kayley, we paid about £50 per person, when we told 1 of the local taxi drivers he said he would have taken us for half the price. Their price I think was about the same as we would have paid through the tour operator.

If you look Hell fire tours website it shows you details of the tours and prices, the more people the lower the cost per person. We went in a large mini bus just the two of us it had all the mod cons ie dvd player and was very comfortable, it also meant we could do what we wanted and go when we were ready. You can tailor make your tour with them if it is only your group who are going. I emailed them before we went, gave them our dates and asked if they had any bookings, unfortunately the bookings they had did not suit us.

The benefit of booking in advance is that you can then plan exactly what you want to do rather than waste time deciding when you get there.

Hope this helps, any other questions just ask.
Many thanks Cherish. I've sent an email to the tour company.

I realise that it will probably cost much less if we wait until we get there, but I would rather pay extra to make sure of getting to see everything that I want to see, so it's good to have a recommendation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.