Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hua Hin is a rather busy place but I would recommend you hire and car and drive about 1 -1/2 hours south to Bankrut, which is a lovely bay on a very quiet beach. The web site is http://www.suanbankrut.com and you will find lots of places to stay in lovely bunglaows on the beach So romantic
Have you looked at Krabi? I don't see Hua Hin as a "romantic destination" but it has top class hotels and if you really want to splurge you must look at The Anantara.
The Sofitel also looks lovely. We had a look at it and decided we would stay there if we returned. It was known as the Railway hotel and would be a perfect place for a proposal.
What about Bangkok...some fancy locations,hotels and restaurants you could choose from....high up in restaurant over looking the Chao Phraya at sunset for example. Or maybe on a rice barge on an evening dinner cruise on the river.
These restaurants Vertigo and The Dome are expensive by Thai (and even UK standards). Certainly the Dome on the State Tower building was pricey...I was staying in the suites below so it was my hotel restaurant...seemed to be attracting very smart clientele (well a lot smarter than me :D ). The views though are great.
Hi Terriade,

I've been looking for reviews everywhere but can't find anything on Bankrut. The resort looks great but I would rather see some reviews before booking. Have you been there yourself??
Hi danmx. Yes, I have stayed at these bungalows. They are very well laid out with plenty of space between the bungalows and well kept gardens. The rooms are large, polished wood with air con, tv and part outside bathroom. Breakfast was included in the rate - which was about £20 per night per room. There is a swimming poolbut the sea is in front of the bungalows so we used that. The water was warm and clear. They can arrange diving/snorkelling trips to the islands on a daily basis. There were maybe 3/4 other Europeans in the area when we were there. No nightlife - everything closes after dinner. We drove down from Cha Am without making reservations and just drove along until we found this place. Do a google search on Ban Krut which will give you more info but this is not a place on the usual tourist map, so you will not find any 'trip reports' on these bungalows. However, we thought it was wonderful and would love to go again for a few nights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.