Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Nice post Rob.We sometimes forget amongst all our own problems just how well off we are.

Papa
It really does make you think - nice one in providing some shelter where you can from the rains Rob. Hope you have power again shortly.
Hi Rob

Even the monsoons seem to operate on GMT (Goan meanto time) I thought they should have started on the 1st of June.

Last year I was buying the blue sheeting on the 31st of May to help protect the double doors to our terrace and the chap said I was leaving it a bit late as the Monsoons would start the next day and he was absolutely right but at least the rain was warm, this year I am thinking of putting the heating on here in surrey.
Yes,turned decidedly chilly up on the wirral as well.Global warming eh!

Papa
Well, according to the met office it's not actually the monsoon, although they say the heavy to very heavy rains will be here for the next 24 hours and the monsoon will hit tomorrow... (hmm...) Anyay, the power was returned at about 10:30 last night and I put on my coat and wandered home, the winds had calmed down a little, our garden was strewn with fallen palm leaves and small mango tree branches, a stream of water running through our gate...

It's still raining this morning and I'm glad to say that the plastic sheeting covers for the tree house are still in tack but many things arent (around the state) see news below...

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=22764&cid=26

http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=22777&cid=2
I often wonder how all those poor people stay dry during the monsson season. I feel sorry for them. At least when its rainy and/or cold here we come home to a nice house with central heating.
Look after yourself Rob and stay warm and DRY ;) Will we be seeing you again at the meets next season?
Gemma...

Strangely the kids seem perfectly happy, although one family is living in the doorway of a supermarket but quiet proudly said their plastic sheet roof (that's it!) was really nice...

I will try and come to a few meets next year but things have been so busy, I never have the energy in the evenings....

Take care
We have monsoon rains here in the U.K too! :que
Monsoon has calmed down for the past week and the sun has come out which has been a nice change, still getting the occasional burst but not lasting so long, not sure how much longer this will last, fingers crossed a couple of weeks longer, would be nice to have a dry Ganesh break... :)
Rob think we had your monsoon here in RETFORD on Thursday night
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.