Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry lads but you've blown it..you've picked the only time of the year where the only clubs open are the local golf club and tennis club..as for "fit " women ..only overweight and unfit ones are there that week.. the only 2 seater buggys about are the ones little babies are pushed about in.....still you should have some luck....you'll love the place but as you are only there for 3 days you aint gonna see much.... good luck... :lol: WAKI..
You will have a ball......just head for bar st.
Loads of clubs and fit ladies around, you will be spoilt for choice, next time go for two weeks, just get out there and there and go for it, just make sure you dont spend your three days in bed off your head, that is
well i beg to differ.... we went last year at about the same time of year and when we went to the bars and clubs down bar street it was mainly local turkish people in them, only bothered to go twice in a week. All the bars down by the beach (X-bar etc) were where the majority of the tourist were.

You wont get much chance to do anything in 3 days (i dont think i'd fancy a four hour flight to Turkey and quite a bit of a transfer for that holiday length). If you do get the chance though the boat trip to Turtle beach/mud baths etc is a really good day out and can be booked from most of the operators on the harbour
:D
As joan said, head down to Bar street or any of the bars along the sea front (these are a good place to start out) the bars are packed full (many open air) with people from all over the world.

If your only there for 3 days, try & go on a boat trip, if you go down towards the marina, you will see all the boats lined up, they are really cheap & a good day out & will give you a good tan to come home with!
just got back after 4th visit,as above much cheaper down harbour but don't take 1st price.beer between 70p and 1.50 av a great time
I would agree with Gaffer - Bar street is mainly Turks, probably 60:40 split between turks & tourists, but worth a visit.

Would go to the beach, Bar X, Salt n Peppa & Beach Club all your age group and lots of young girls your age - But be prepared for a bit of stiff competition from the Turkish Men where the girls are concerned :lol: youve been warned :wink:

LA
so is Bar X, Salt n Peppa & Beach Club on Bar st, if not where abouts is it?

and anybody know anything about hiring the motor buggies?
Those places are on the beach, and quite a few more like it - They are just the first few that sprung to mind.

Which hotel did you book in the end?

PS - dunno nothing about the buggies but wouldnt drive on turkish roads if you paid me. You can do a jeep safari and you can drive - thats a good laugh for a day out
Ahh, just seen your satying at the Baris - believe this is just behind Kocer Club and therfore just 2 mins from the beach and those places i mentioned above (maybe 4 mins staggering at 4am!!)

LA
yes we are staying at the baris apartments, so i guess were quite close to the clubs on the beach then?

what sort of music do these places play? and are they busy practically every night?
the bars are heaving busy every night & they all play the same kind a music, mix of chart / cheesy dance songs a few r'n'b (mainly stuff that has a been a hit in the charts tho)

for some reason you dont really get r'n'b played like you do in the clubs in the UK.

After 3 days, you may feel like you have had hot tar poored into your ears :lol: with the likes of Shakira, Black eyed peas etc

Ohh .. & make sure you have you dancing shoes on .... The Cha Cha slide is sure to be played at least 3 times each night :yikes
so which ones are your favourite clubs then claire, which ones do you think we will enjoy?
The ones that Leanne postsed are the most popular, Bar X & Salt 'n' Pepa are usually really busy.

We went down bar street a few times, There is a huge choice of bars down there (Couldnt tell you the name of any of them) but if you have 3 days, i would spend 1 night in bar street, just for the experience to to meet other nationalities.
thanks for that, the beach club definately looks like the place to be
erhmmm. i just read some wrong informations!

There are loads R&B clubs in Bar street and only Seaside playing RnB long beach area. but some other clubs playing sometimes aswell.

RnB Clubs in Bar Street:
Galleon, B52 , Mango , Vision, Beverly Hills

i can offer beach club on beach side. there is a garden bar(There are shows) till 1 am then inside is club after 1 am till 4 am. and mixed tourists. there are parties every wednesday nigth(Mardi gras) and sunday nigths(beach party).

If you want see mixed nationalities i can say Bar street. Beach side bars/clubs full of British.

well i beg to differ.... we went last year at about the same time of year and when we went to the bars and clubs down bar street it was mainly local turkish people in them, only bothered to go twice in a week. All the bars down by the beach (X-bar etc) were where the majority of the tourist were

Gaffer you are posted wrong information again. can i ask u gaffer one question? The total tourists are more than 3 times local peoples in this times. so can the other beach side clubs full in with all majority tourists? Beach side clubs capacity is 2000 peoples. all bar street clubs capacity is more than 10000 peoples. and the local peoples can go clubbing only friday and saturday nites. Maybe you been there that nights.

Baris apart is just behind Ahu Hetman hospital next to Club Maris just 5 minutes walk to beach(when you are sober) it can be 10 minutes when you are drunk.

have a nice holidays
my information is not wrong it is simply my experience, and if you took the time to read the posts from leighanne then you would find that she agrees too.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this site and i think you should concentrate on giving YOUR opinion rather than contridicting what i am saying!
lilcheekymonkey thanks for the info :D

anything else you can think of what we must do while were there for our short break, please feel free to let me know.

ps if theres any links to the websites of the clubs you mentioned on Bar st that would be good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.