Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
can anyone tell wether the seat arms lift up on the long haul planes :cheers
dinner-lady,

No, they don't lift up. They used to, but they are now fixed down in order to prevent damage to the leather seat coverings. Odd ones do lift up that have become lose though.

Darren
cheers Dazbo :cheers glad you enjoyed your hols, we stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana last year and it was beautiful. Really liked your photos of the TC Cabin and IFE never flown longhaul with TC, but will be on thier flight to POP in July :sun2 Will you be doing a flight/holiday review ???
dinner-lady wrote:
Will you be doing a flight/holiday review ???

If I get the time to do it, I will do. The previous page is a summery though.

Darren
hey dazbo.
great photos by the way!!
our aircraft has changed (tcx148 cancun) can you confirm, its now an ex my travel, with down stairs toilets?
we had origanly prebooked seats 9def, which were behind the bulkhead! there is now row 8 infront of us!!!
we booked these seats, because we are traviling with 2 young children....
who ever get row 8 def, are not gonna be happy!!!!! :que
  • Edited by buzzer14 2011-03-28 12:53:33
Unfortunately from Nov 11 no-one will be going to Dom Rep or Cuba Santa Clara with TCX ever again if things dont change in the mean time, they have cancelled their Dom Rep programme, which did seem bizarre when it came through
Hi, flying Man to Sanford soon with TCX, anyone know if headphones for IFE are provided free or if not are the seat sockets the usual 3.5 headphone size or the 2 pin type sometimes found on airlines ?
Sunaddict wrote:
Is this the start of TC pulling out of long haul?

That's been happening for a while with a reduction in long haul capacity and with 3 of their Airbus A332's going back to the leasing company in November, it'll be a limited long haul programme. However, having talked to cabin crew over the Atlantic last week, they wouldn't be surprised if this changes over the next month or two and a decision made to extend the lease on 2 of the A332's so we'll just have to wait and see. It would seem strange if Dom Rep flights are pulled given it's one of the more popular (and cheaper) Caribbbean islands to visit.

Darren
button216,

Headphones are available for purchase at £2.50 per set. You can use your own headphones but you'll need a 2 pin adapter.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I agree the Dominican is a strange route to cut given it's popularity. If they do, Thomsons are going to break out busy lol!
Sunaddict wrote:
Thomsons are going to break out busy lol!

You would think so although for a change, I was pleased I was was flying back to MAN with TCX rather than TOM last Thursday as our flight only had a 3 hour delay due to a technical issue, the equivelant TOM flight had a 6 hour delay due to crewing hours. Still, it gave an extra afternoon on the beach for those effected so not too much lost :sun2

Darren
I've came back last week from Holguin with Thomsons. I think we did really well. Flight went more or less on time. Bit of thud landing at Holguin, some of the oxygens masks dropped down.
Coming home we took off slightly early. The pilot announced he had been given the ok for a straight run into Gatwick, that or hold, so he went for it. Quite a steep descent with hardly any corrections. Good landing and we were about 15/20 mins early. Still had a 3 hour wait for the shuttle up to Manchester though!!
Flying Man-Pop TCX126 on 25th June returning tcx127 on 9th July,return landing is 07.45 which is 2 hours later than usual, Is this flight going via Belfast ? Thanks
ihin,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-POP-MAN (TCX126/7) are showing as non-stop on my screen and the flight times also suggest this.

Darren
Hi Darren
Thanks for the quick reply,just looked in the brochure Man flights to Pop . 2nd july-9th july operates via belfast does this include my return flight
ihin,

As above, it's not showing this on my screen and the return flight time suggests a non-stop flight; 17:40 - 07:15 gives a flight time of 8 hours 35 mins, including the 5 hours time difference which is about right a non-stop flight (I flew back from PUJ last week in 8 hours 40 mins).

Darren
As we have never flown on Thomas Cook Airlines and note that our Thomson Airways flight to Sharm in September has been changed to a Thomas Cook flight (No notification from Thomsons Holidays???) we paid on booking our holiday for Seating Together are Thomson passengers allow to prebook seat on Thomas Cook Airlines???? Also i note the luggage allowance for Thomas Cook is only 15kgs Thomson Holidays is 20kgs how will this work????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.