Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
It's a strange situation isn't it?
Few years back we had four main charter holiday companies, each with their own airline and all doing long haul.
Then 4 became 2 with the mergers, so this would leave Thomson as the only UK charter airline doing long haul. I don't count Virgin as charter and Monarch have already announced their plans to be a low cost scheduled airline (do they still do Caribbean anyway?).
Won't this lack of competition be bad for us, the holidaymakers, Thomson could increase their prices even more! The 2012 prices already seem double what we've been paying over recent years! Moan over! Looking forward to 33" outbound and 34-35" inbound three weeks today with seat back tellies :tup .
It will be bad and I think we already see the effect in the Maldives for example. Prices have increased 100% in 3 years with Thomson party due to fuel etc but Thomas cook stopped going

I think the only two routes are going to be SFB
thom767,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TCX2538/9) are operated by a Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
thanks darren your a star, you've really made my day :)
Hi all, it's come to that time of year again, to book seats!! Yayy!! Can anybody tell me what type of aircraft flight TCX4014 B'ham to Palma 20th August will be please. Last year booked seats but didn't have a window - hubby was not too pleased. Don't want to make the same mistake this year. On invoice it says Thomas Cook Airlines B752 - would that be a boing 752, if so it's the same plane as last year. Any info would be much appreciated as always :cheers
Hi

Got a friend flying MAN-AYT 2 July TCX2538. Can you tell me what aircraft type is operating this flight.
Thanks
hippyjak,

BHX-PMI-BHX (TCX4014/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to seating plans.

Darren
Sunaddict,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TCX2538/9) is showing as a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets)

Darren
Hi Darren,

Just to pick up on your post from yesterday:
That's correct, effective November 2011 from what I've been told. Three long haul A330-200's are leaving the fleet (G-OJMB, G-OJMC, G-TCXA) and the remaining aircraft (G-MLJL, G-OMYT, G-MDBD) will revert back to their high density, all economy configuration with 29" seat pitch with Recaro seats. Seat back IFE will be replaced by mainscreen monitors above the isles. I haven't updated the What Aircraft? guide as yet with the details as it doesn't come in to effect until the end of the summer season, but I will once I have confirmation.

Does the fact that the What Aircraft? guide has been updated signify that the news has been confirmed? TC seem to have removed practically all references to 33" seating and seatback IFE as being standard benefits from their websites and there seem to be many rumours that these will be a thing of the past next year, but seemingly they're still advising that it's business as usual. As you say, their right to change is covered by Ts & Cs but presumably at some point they'll have to come clean - any idea when and how?

Thanks in advance,

eskbanker
eskbanker,

The above is my current understanding of the situation.

Darren
Hi :wave I wonder if you can help. This question has probably been asked a million times but just a quick look hasnt given me any current/up-to-date hints ;)

We each have 15kg of luggage (45kg in all). Can I pool my allowances? Im sure when we went with Thos Cook a couple of years ago we did but I have 3 cases and want to spread the weight ie 20kg in one, 15kg in second and 10kg in third. From what i read (in 2009!) this isnt allowed. Any ideas or do I need to ring and hope that they call me back sometime in the next few days :que

Thank you.
srhjnmgn
You can pool luggage as long as you stay within your overall weight limit, and no one bag weighs more than 30kg.
Thanks Sunaddict. A silly question I know but just wanted to be sure. :tup
Darren,

Sorry to be a pain but did you pick up my question on A333 on Manchester/Montego Bay route on the previous page?

Thanks

JW
BigJW,

I saw it, yes but I can't comment or check flight logs without flight numbers. I would assume the aircraft originally scheduled had a technical problem.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.