Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hope we are not delayed in the morning, if we are waiting for the Palma or Alicante flight to get back they dont go till 7 andf 7.30 we are due to go 9.40
Can anyone tell me where the medical seats are situated please on the long haul A330 from Manchester to Holguin flying on 12th October this year. I have already paid for seating together because my son has insulin dependent diabetes, but I was informed on another forum because he has a medical condition we shouldn't have to pay for seating together and should be in the medical seats and to phone the pre flight service? I was aware of the medical seats on aircraft but I thought they were there for people who are not able bodied. Can someone give me some more info please before I pay again for Your Seat Your Choice when the flight opens in a couple of weeks. Thanks.
Mdollar
I would do as suggested and contact the airline. email tchdpretraveladmin@thomascook.com or phone 0844 855 0515
Can anyone tell me what the seating plan/aircraft type is on a flight from Birmingham to Dalaman (TCX4582). I would like to prebook seats so was wondering if any seats are better/worse than others!!! :que
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
sleaty,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-DLM-BHX (TCX4582/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personaly preference. They all offer the same basic facilities so it's whatever you prefer really, there isn't a best or worst seat. The exception is extra legroom seating that have more room. You may want to avoid rows near to the toilets to avoid disturbance and people queing.

Darren
Hi Darren,

When you say extra legroom seats on the B757-200, do you mean exit seats?

Thanks.
Hi Darren, Flying on Friday morning to MAH TCX2478 from Man
Could you please advise me to where the plane will be flying in from on the flight prior to ours?
And if possible which of their 767's will we be on.

cagzy,

That's correct; row 1 (medical seats), 12 and 32 on the 752.

Darren
liam12189,

It's the first flight out at 06:25 so there's nothing immediately before it, it comes in late the evening before or very early friday morning than has a few hours of downtime. All the 76W's are the same so it makes little difference which it is plus they swap and change them regularly so it's impossable to say which this far out. G-TCCB and G-TCCA are in MAN at the moment.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'm confused as I've booked row 11 as I was under the impression that they were the exit seats ... have I booked the wrong seats??
cagzy,

Sorry, it's row 11 on the TCX, I was thinking of the TOM! Why can't all airlines use the same seat plans!Row 11 are in pairs, it's row 12 A and F that are extra legoom / medical on the TCX 752's. There's a seat plan with them indicated on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) as well as lots of other information. If you pay for extra legroom seats, that's what you get.

Darren
ah thanks Darren! My friend would have killed me if he'd have had to cram his hugely long legs into a standard seat!!! :)
Hi everyone
I'm due to fly LGW to Orlando on the 13th Aug, returning on the 27th Aug. As far as I can tell, the aircraft will be a Thomas Cook A330-300 borrowed from the Scandinavian fleet. The TC website states that this aircraft will be 29" seat ptich throughout, being 3-3-3 in the front 11 rows and 2-4-2 in most of the main cabin. I've got the usual legroom and seat width problems being well over 6ft, so I've paid the extra cost for exit row seats. Does anybody know the specifics of this aircraft (possibly either OY-VKI, OY-VKH or OY-VKG), as I'm now being led to beleive that the first 11 rows actually have a 32" seat pitch. From what I can tell, row 14 seems to be an exit row seat (also being the first row of 2-4-2), but I'm wondering if ths window seats suffer the usual A330 problem of the Exit door life raft impeding the leg-space. Does anybody also know if row 14 still has a window? I'm also assuming that if row 15 has 29" pitch then I'll still end up with somebodies knees in my back anyway! Row 2 seems to be the first row of window seats in the 3-3-3 cabin and also has extra legroom, but will probably be a narrower seat. Does anyone have any personal experience of these seats or this aircraft? Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Rob
Skippyfuzz1,

The Airbus A330-300 isn't really borrowed, it's from the Thomas Cook Scandinavian fleet and leased to cover some short haul and long haul flights in the summer months to increase capacity. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to a seating plan for the aircraft. The aircraft is OY-VKI. Row 14 is at door number 2. The emergency escape slides are located under the door so impede legroom to a certain extent on seats A and K, but if you want lots of room, go for B-H. Seats A and K both have a window. Row 2 is the first outer row, located just behind the toilets. That's why row 1 is in the middle, and the outer column of seats start at row 2, behind a bulkhead. All seats have the same seat width, approximately 16.9 inches apart from the ones at the front of the cabins where the tray tables fold out from the armrest as there isn't a seat infront so they are marginally narrower. I've flown on these aircraft many times including the A340 and every seat is much of a muchness really apart from extra legroom. Seating is always personal preference.

Darren
Hi flying TCX314 to Punta Cana tomorrow, any idea what the aircraft is and where it's coming in from?

Should I expect delays from Manchester because of the strikes
davidrr16,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TCX314/5) are operated by a long haul Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive arcraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The aircraft comes in from Holguin, Cuba (TCX244/5). OY-VKF operated that flight today so should be your aircraft and it's due back on-time at 0825 in the moring. Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Thanks very much, hopefully minimum disruption tomorrow!

Is OY VKF the scandinavia aircraft with less legroom?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.