Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
TCX908K
3590 Posts
Hi,

this place was a godsend last time, and really helped the family prepare so I thought I'd try you guys again.

Basically we fly to Turkey (dalaman) on 12/9/10 flight number is TCX975K - can anyone confirm what aircraft this will be, throughout my own research it looks to be a Boeing 767 but I'm not 100%.

Can you also tell me what the seat width and seat pitch is? With me being 6'4" tall I dont want to struggle to much if possible, I'm also a big lad so when I used the exit seats last time the width was almost unbearable. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.
We're flying with Thomas Cook to Antalya in turkey in a couple of weeks. We have heard that some of their short haul flights no longer have entertainment (ie TVs showing movies) but have Playstation PSP's for hire loaded with movies and games. Can anyone clarify is this is on offer on the Turkish flights. (Turkey is sometimes classed as Medium haul) hense the confusion. I shall spend the flight with my nose in a book but my two little ones would be intereste to know about the PSPs :) .... cheers
Hi Lisa
It is the narrow bodied aircraft that has had the IFE removed, so it will depend on which type of plane you are flying on. I'm sure Darren will be able to tell you what your flying on and therefore if you have IFE or not.
tinymcfc,

TCX975K /L are indeed operated by a Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets). Seat width is approximately 17.2", seat pitch 28". Further aircraft information including cabin photos and seat plan are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
LisaW100,

Aircraft information including IFE is detailed on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Routes serviced by narrow bodied aircraft no longer have IFE. I'd need to know your flight details, ie where you are flying from, on what dates or your flight numbers to know the aircraft type.

Darren
@ Dazbo

Thanks for the reply, the link to your trips was very useful andI enjoyed reading your trip to Dalaman on the same plane as myself.

A couple of things if you don't mind answering. Firstly in the first picture it shows your seat and your armrest is up, is this standard throughout the plane? One thing that I hated on my hliday to Vegas this year was the inability to raise the armrests, it really was a pain the side (literally!). Secondly you say you're 5'8" and you found it cramped?! what do you suggest for a person of 6'4" proportions?

Thanks
tinymcfc,

Arm rests can be lifted between most seats, but not the end ones or exit rows. Try and get a pair of seats by the windows. Although they don't give you any more room, they at least give you more room visually. The centre seats aren't nice on 4 hour flights in my opinion. Row 30, the rear row in the centre cabin are approximately 30" seat pitch, but they don't recline and the arm rests are fixed as the tray tables are the fold out type. Other than that, extra legroom seating may be worth looking at if it's available since you're tall.

Darren
Thanks for the reply again, superbly helpful.

I guess I'm in a catch 22 situation, I ideally want to be able to life the armrests (whats the reason I couldn't on the flight to Vegas? Airbus A330-200) but also obviously have the leg room too. I went to Bulgaria last year and sat in an exit seat, but I think the width of the seat must be restricted somewhat as it was terribly uncomfortable and obtained a couple of bruises lol. I really do not know what to do.

Thanks again though.
tinymcfc,

Arm rests on exit rows aren't moveable for two reasons; safety and it's generally where the tray tables are stored with their being no seat infront. Different seat designs on aircraft determine if the arm rests lift or not, it's whatever the airline has specified. There's not a lot you can do, you can't have width and extra legroom generally on short / mid haul charter flights. The only way you'd get both is with a scheduled airline in business class but you'd pay 3 or 4 times the ticket price.

Darren
I suppose I could stick my leg out of the side for the main leg of the journey, as long as I can definitely lift the armrests up! So if I booked the seats you used (think it was Row 29?) then that will guarentee that I can lift the armrests? I mean they havent changed this recently (someone I know said the don't allow you to lift them up due to the fact all seats are now leather and it ruins them).
tinymcfc,

I've never heard you aren't permitted to lift an arm rest. Regardless of the seat you are in, you're going to have the same issues so it's personal preference ultimately.

Darren
Hi,

I'm flying from Gatwick this sunday to Cancun on TCX87K on the outbound flight and TCX87L on the return, is still scheduled to be operated by the Airbus A330-200? Does anyone also know if they've taken the screens off the back of the seats yet, maybe someone might have done this journey recently?

Thanks in advance!!

Sbs3em
@ Dazbo.

I think I misled you in what I actually meant. When I flew to Vegas this year (may) I was sat near the back of the plane but in standard seats (not exit) and yu couldnt move the armrests, neither could you in seats around us. We thought this was standard. Got to near the front of the plane (not premium) and all armrests were lifted, i confused us as to why you could move the armrests on certain seats?

Last question, I just realised that the plane home is different to that of which we are going, I just presumed they#d be the same lol. The flight home is TCX454L - can you tell me which aircraft this will be?

Thanks again.
Is the registration of TCX041 (LGW-CUN) for 12 Oct known yet ?

John
Are they still offering seat back TV's and inflight entertainment on long haul next Summer?
pizzajohn wrote:
Is the registration of TCX041 (LGW-CUN) for 12 Oct known yet ?

It's way too early to know aircraft registration for flights in October! It'll be one of the ex-MYT airframes; G-OMYT, G-MLJL or G-MDBD. But that's as far as we can say up to the day before.

Darren
neavsie wrote:
Are they still offering seat back TV's and inflight entertainment on long haul next Summer?

Up to press!

Darren
tinymcfc wrote:
The flight home is TCX454L - can you tell me which aircraft this will be?

Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Hi there,

I am flying on the following flight- LGW-DLM-LGW (TCX596K/L) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 and i believe normally the leased Aurela aircraft.

Can you tell me the difference between the Aurela aircraft and the usual Thomas Cook B752's.

Many Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.