Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Please be advised, that if booking an ultimate style holiday or indeed any holiday which have a 'your seat, your choice' on it as a freebie, it will only be free if you book within 99 days of travel. If, for peace of mind, you decide to pre book your seat choice outside of the 99 days you will be charged the applicable price.
Hello,

Darren or anyone else please can you help me :que

I'm flying MAN - Cayo Coco 5th May '11 TCX174 return 19th May '11 TCX175 please can you tell me the aircraft type and all the other bits ie.. ex mytravel.

gav008,

Aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below), specifically under the long haul section for Thomas Cook.

Darren
Do TXC have a day before check in at Gatwick? If I do the online check in, can I drop the bags in the day before?
Hi Darren,

Do you not know the specific aircraft ie G-OJMC for that flight. Again MAN - CCC 5th May 11' TCX174 / TCX175

gav008,

That flight is 8 months away! I doubt even Thomas Cook will know that themselves yet!

Darren
Gav008...we go to the Melia Cayo Coco on 12th May 2011 for 2 weeks (we get married whilst out there)
Please keep on topic, ie posts re Thomas Cook airlines.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Ohh :rofl Thanks Darren, thought they would know.

Im staying @ Sol Cayo Coco.
My apologies, I tried to message the other person but do not have rights yet. Please delete my previous message if you wish.
Darren,

We're flying MAN-SFB tomorrow on TCX473K - any ideas which aircraft it will be? Do you know where it will be coming in from before hand so that we can watch for any delays?

Thanks!!
wantonnoodle,

The aircraft operating the TCX473K/L normally comes in from Santa Clara (TCX081K/L) or Calgary (TCX031K/L), but there are 2 other flights subject to changes. Your bird is looking like G-OMYT. All the ex-MYT's are the same so it makes little difference.

Have a great time :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hello,

We flew to Mexico in August 2009 on Thomas Cook, flight was ok but nothing special.

We are planning to go back to Mexico in June 2011. We are debating Thomas cook or Thomsons. Thomas cook is much cheaper at the moment though.
Has anything changed on Thomas cook? New planes? Upgraded inflight entertainment? I seem to have read alot of poor reviews.

Are there any plans to upgrade the fleet to the Dreamliners if they ever enter service...

Any info or thoughts would be much appreicated.

Cheers
Jonny
Hi Darren

I was wondering if you could help. We're flying to Cancun on 26th Sept flight TCX87K and returning October 10th flight TCX87L. We are booked in the premium cabin seats 3A & 3B. I was hoping you could give me some info on the IFE on the plane (and what our seats are likely to be like, we would have liked the front row, but the first two rows couldn't be booked). We've never flown with Thomas Cook before, so any info you could give me would be brilliant.

Thanks very much. :tup
Darren will be on holiday for 2 weeks as from tomorrow morning. :sun2
Did Darren get permission to leave his post or is it an unauthorised absence Glynis? I hope he has an absolutely wonderful time however, with or without permission, as he does a sterling job on here and no doubt needs to recharge his batteries.
Hi, i'm new on here - this is a great site!! I have a few questions if somebody would be kind enough to answer please?

I am off on holiday to Turkey in a couple of weeks, the details are:

Outbound: TCX759K Manchester to Bodrum
Return: TCX759L Bodrum to Manchester

- What aircraft is this please?
- How many seats?
- We have pre-booked seats 29G and 29H for both flights (we booked YSYC online a couple of weeks ago at a total cost of £15). Are these a decent choice? We know that the seats may not recline, but that's fine, we just like that nobody is behind!
- Is there seat-back IFE? If not, are the overhead screens close to our chosen seats? (we both have terrible eyesight!!)
- Is the dedicated check-in at Manchester Airport Terminal 1 easy to find? (we will be checking-in online)

Can anyone can think of anything else I should know?

I've only ever flown Easyjet before, so was so excited when I logged in and saw just how big the plane was from the seating plan!

Thanks in advance :o)

Caroline.
Hi and welcome to HT!

If you check the link in Dazbo's signature above it should tell you which aircraft it is. Seat choice is personal preference

I believe there is no longer IFE on Thomas Cook flights of less than 5 hours duration, but someone should be able to confirm that soon.

luci :wave
Hi Caroline, Make sure you check your baggage allowance. I think TC normally only allow a miserly 15kg hold baggage now unless you pay for an extra 5kg. :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.