Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren,

Flight number is TCX51L returning Varadero -manchester 28th Jan(arriving 29th)
19ashfield,

I thought it must have been the TCX051K/L. I've just looked and 28th Jan is indeed a 76W. My trip report from these aircraft is on our What Aircraft? Guide (link below).

Darren
Hi,

I have had a look through and have seen this has being discussed but can't find the answer - do the seats at the back of the a330-200 (long haul to vegas) where they go into 2's have lift up arm rests? My tall partner struggles with the narrow seats and I'm wondering whether to go for an exit seat where you definately can't lift up the armrest (so I've read) or the 2's which might give us more width if you can lift up the arm rest?

Unfortuantely it looks like all the premium seats that are being sold as extra leg room have already gone.

Thanks in advance!
Littleflyer,

Welcome onboard :tup
I believe the arm rests are fixed in the pairs at the rear. Seats on exit rows have fixed arm rests and are narrower than standard seats as the IFE screen and tray table are stored and lift up out of the arm rest.

Darren
hi
is it true no ife on tc flights i am flying to tenerife from belfast on tcx967l
thanks
rg
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the welcome and reply. Does that mean that the armrests lift up in the other seats that are not exit or in pairs?

Thanks.
Littleflyer,

Yes, the standard seat arm rests lift up between the seats.

Darren
Littleflyer,
FYI, the arm rests do not lift up throughout the cabin, only 2 rows do, and they are 13 and 14 if I remeber rightly.
BTC
Hi

I am considering flying Thomas Cook to Cancun in December 2011.

I normaly fly using premium seating but understand this service is not going to be available on outbound journeys as of May 2011 but is available inbound?

If this is correct can anyone tell me what will happen to these seats on the OB journey, are they available as Extra Leg room?

Thanks

jonboy
Whilst searching the net I discovered this which may answer my own question

The reason you cannot pre-book the Premium Cabin on the outward journey is due to the significant APD (Airport Departure Tax) increase on premium seats. The APD fee on charter flights from the 1st of May 2011 will be £150 which is the same as those flying 1st class on a scheduled flight.

Thomas Cook can offer its customers the option to reserve Premium seats on the return flight from £50 - avoiding the excessive tax.

Jonboy
You should bear in mind that "Premium seats" will only mean extra legroom. No other extra services will be provided ...
Hi I'm flying back out to resort on Thursday.. Jus wondering what aircraft I am on thanks... Tcx 136 Man to lpa?? Thanks...
Jonouk1211,

MAN-LPA-MAN (TCX136K/L) will be an Airbus A320-200 with the look of it.

Darren
Hi Darren we are flying to turkey on the 14th April 2011 TCX3502.
Could you please tell me what seat numbers do not have windows, grandkids were so upset last year when they didn't have one, many thanks :(
netty10,

Is that the Thursday flight from Glasgow to Dalaman? I'm assuming it'll be a Boeing 757-200. There's no window on approximately rows 10, 15, 17 and 40.

Darren
Sorry Darren should have given you more info.
Thursday flight from Manchester to Antalya, cheers Netty X
netty10,

No worries, it came up as Glasgow-Dalaman for some reason. It't been a long day though, I might have looked on the wrong line! I've got it on the screen now and it's showing as a 757 so as above.

Darren
Just a quick note that as of from now travel agents have access to information as to whether the longhaul aircraft will be OY- meaning 29" seat pitch no seat back TV's as this has been made available via extra information and booking conditions, worth checking up on.
Hi im flying manchester to cancun in feb (14th) any chance the plane will have seat back tvs? i know thomsons do and i was gutted when the TA said a lot of TC dont but it was the only company with the hotel i wanted.

Also this is really my main Q i have a 10month old, will staff heat up food for her? and milk? im starting to worry a bit about such a long flight with a baby i hope she is ok !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.