Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Alan :) it was a thomas cook shop aswell but she said there long haul aircraft didnt have them we might get one if we had an older plane and were lucky? must say i was suprised by this !

I took her away at 10weeks and it was a doddle but i was breast feeding and she wasnt mobile.............i fear at 10months she may not be quite as easy LOL
As a potential customer I am dismayed that travel agents are not well informed, but that isn't just contained to one company. :yikes
BEfreeTODAY posted yesterday evening that agents will now have the information available to them when the longhaul aircraft will have 29" seat pitch and no seatback IFE's, so hopefully a bit more product knowledge will help!!
If the 29" seat pitch and no seat backs TV's are applicable to the flight you are booking on the travel agent (not available online yet) will see the following that is of course if they are trained to give that information out ;) as its something they seem to want to withhold from customers (i wonder why :think )
OUTBOUND STANDARD CABIN - PLEASE NOTE THIS FLIGHT ONLY HAS 29" SEAT PITCH WITH NO SEAT BACK INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. INBOUND STANDARD CABIN - PLEASE NOTE THIS FLIGHT ONLY HAS 29" SEAT PITCH WITH NO SEAT BACK INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT.
vicky06 wrote:
Hi im flying manchester to cancun in feb (14th) any chance the plane will have seat back tvs? i know thomsons do and i was gutted when the TA said a lot of TC dont but it was the only company with the hotel i wanted.

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are sometimes multiple flights. It ensures we get the correct information for you. MAN-CUN-MAN (TCX234K/L) are showing as a regular long haul aircraft on my screen, Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I would expect your travel agent to at least know a litle about the aircraft you are travelling on. You don't expect them to know everything, no one knows that but at least the basics. Especially when the information is often right under their noses and they are trying to sell a product!

vicky06 wrote:
Also this is really my main Q i have a 10month old, will staff heat up food for her? and milk? im starting to worry a bit about such a long flight with a baby i hope she is ok !

It depends what there is to heat up, and the size. They don't really have the facilities onboard to do it but may be able to provide you with hot water to heat it up in (cup of hot water). You'll be surprised how many babies are taken on long haul flights, some a lot longer than Cancun and they are fine. The worst part for them is take off and landing due to the pressure changes. Many sleep for long periods during the flight, apart from when they're hungry!

Darren
If the 29" seat pitch and no seat backs TV's are applicable to the flight you are booking on the travel agent (not available online yet) will see the following that is of course if they are trained to give that information out as its something they seem to want to withhold from customers (i wonder why )
Quote:
OUTBOUND STANDARD CABIN - PLEASE NOTE THIS FLIGHT ONLY HAS 29" SEAT PITCH WITH NO SEAT BACK INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT. INBOUND STANDARD CABIN - PLEASE NOTE THIS FLIGHT ONLY HAS 29" SEAT PITCH WITH NO SEAT BACK INFLIGHT ENTERTAINMENT.

Presumably that comes up on the errata on viewdata? If so they have to answer 'yes' that they have informed the customer before they can go any further. Let's hope they do inform before saying yes.
Presumably that comes up on the errata on viewdata?
Yes.

They are working on a system to ensure this comes up for online bookings on all bookings.
It normally comes up on the flight information screen when you are going through the booking process if it's STANDARD or there has been a change. I assume they'll do the same as they did in the summer season for those changes.

Darren
Darren, Good point at the moment make sure you click on "important information" when agreeing to the terms and it will state there. However soon this is going to be on the main screen.
Hi,
We received a letter in September informing us that our outbound (Glasgow-Sanford) aircraft would only be 29".
Not alot we could do about that but at least they informed us in good time as we don't leave until the 30/4/11.
My Parents are going MAN-Barbados on 10/1 on TCX029K 10:40

I preseume it is a A330-200. What is the liekly Reg?

Alan
AlanSinfield,

It should be one of G-MLJL or G-MDBD with the look of it.

Darren
Thanks and sorry for not giving flight numbers!
I rang and emailed TC and was told i do indeed have seat back IFE thank goodness!!!!
The girl when i booked clearly didnt know what she was on about , she told me the planes with seat back IFE were being swapped and used for turkey/egypt flights??
Its a good job no one else had this hotel available as if they had i would of actually booked with someone offering seat back ife, all becuase she didnt know what she was on about!

Thanks for the food info they told me they will heat whatever ive got with me.
vicky06 wrote:
The girl when i booked clearly didnt know what she was on about , she told me the planes with seat back IFE were being swapped and used for turkey/egypt flights??

She may be a few months out of date in that case. A few were configured for short haul / Canadian Affair over the summer with 30" seat pitch for use on short haul and Canadian Affair contracts, but they still have seat back IFE! She may be getting confused with the Boeing 767-300/ER's. Whatever is the case you won't be on these!

Darren
Thanks darren im just happy to know my kids will be entertained now!
Oh another one you might be able to answer..........how many meals do you get on longhaul now?
many moons again when i went to dom rep with Thomsons you got 2, im guessing now its only 1 but wondering how we will mange 11 hours with 1 meal.......well mainly the kids im thinking of!
AlanSinfield wrote:
My Parents are going MAN-Barbados on 10/1 on TCX029K 10:40

I preseume it is a A330-200. What is the liekly Reg?

Alan
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
AlanSinfield,

It should be one of G-MLJL or G-MDBD with the look of it.

Darren

It was G-OJMB
Darren
Just read on TA that Thos Cook are pulling out of Jamaica from 2012. Do you know if this is correct?
Thanks
Vicky, usually a hot main meal and then a snack around 90mins prior to landing.
Just read on TA that Thos Cook are pulling out of Jamaica from 2012. Do you know if this is correct?
Thanks

Looks like it, however expect Thomas Cook to stop all longhaul by 2014.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.