Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Julmops wrote:
Unless you're flying on aircraft registered G-TCXA, I'm afraid it won't be on demand, even if you're flying premium.
:tup
Darren
:tup thanks darren for the info not good news about the hiring of psp's especially on a four hour flight me thinks we pay enough for the holiday!! :offtop
We are flying to Cancun in Feb from Gatwick TCX 87K on 20th Feb returning on 27th on TCX 87L and was wondering if you would know what aircraft it will be and what ife and seat pitches are likely. Many thanks x x
perkipsie,

LGW-CUN-LGW (TCX087K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi, I hope am posting in the right forum.

This may seem like a daft question, but we are booking to fly to Goa with Thomas cook. I just wondered how long into the flight the meal would be served , the flight we are interested in is economy - leaving Manchester at 08.20 in the morning, and I was hoping to be able to get asleep for a few hours also.

We have never flown long haul before and as its an 11 hr flight - was wondering should we also pack sandwiches etc. The furthest we have flown is Egypt so wouldnt usually do that as the meal is usually enough. Any advice would be appreciated.
Suo,

Meals are normally served approximately 2 hours in to the flight. The pre-landing snack is served approximately 90 minutes before landing. Snacks are available for purchase onboard, but sandwiches may be a good idea if you think the meal won't be enough.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We're travelling to Punta Cana with Thomas Cook on Wednesday 26th January, departing Gatwick at 0850, returning two weeks later, arriving into Gatwick at 0730 on Thursday 11th February, TCK013K/L. I already know that it will be on an A330-200.

Just a couple of questions:

- the flight operates via Glasgow in both directions. Can you let me know what time we are due in/out of Glasgow in both directions?
- do you know which flight the aircraft will be operating before ours so I can keep an eye on potential delays?

Regards,

Tom
TMW9725,

You'll normally be on the ground in GLA for 1 hour. I can't give you the times though, I don't have them to hand. The flight comes in from Cayo Coco / Holguin, Cuba or Orlando Sanford.

Darren
Hi Darren, thanks for that info, 2 hours into flight should be great and then I can hopefully nod off for a few hours! Good to know they serve a 2nd "snack" I was wondering about that on such a long flight.
I am quite apprehensive about the flight , because 11 hours just seems so long.
We cant afford the premium seats as its a xmas holiday, which is costing double what it would cost any other time.
Hopefuly the seats should be OK as they are advertised as exactly the same as Thomson and First choice in long haul economy. thanks - S
Suo,

11 hours may start to drag after a while, but it's not too bad. Now 14 hours, there's a long flight! Most of my flights there days are long haul. Just make sure you go prepared, ie a book or something to keep you occupied in between films and you'll be fine. Seats are the same pitch as TOM/FCA, but a little narrower. Having said that, what are your flight numbers? Some of the Goa flights are operated by a Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets) rather than the A330-200's.

Darren
darren just to update you TC have put me on a flight from MAN tuesday morn TCX41K for £160 whuch is great news for me.

Thanks for your help
vegasone,

Great to hear they've sorted you out. Don't forget your passport! Enjoy the holiday, you'll need it after that :sun2 :cheers

Darren
Hi Darren,

You kindly helped me find out what type of plane I would be on last year - hopefully you can help me again!

Outbound, 3rd September 2011 - TCX2106
Inbound, 10th Septmber 2011 - TCX2107.

Many thanks,

Caroline.
Sorry Darren!

Manchester to Palma Majorca (and then return).

Thanks,

Caroline.
cagzy,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TCX2106/7) are showing as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi

I'm flying 30th Jan from Manchester to Cayo Coco with Thomas cook. Does anyone know when Thomas Cook swap from the entertainment listed in their Nov 10 Magazine to the schedule which will be in the Feb 11 magazine?

Ant
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.