Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
you too in ireland, lovely friendly people there, we went to dublin a few years ago and loved it
off to side turkey in 2 weeks with latedeals.com they were £250 cheaper for the same holiday with thomson
Ermintrude - I use the travel agent linked to my Goldfish credit card (they're called Travelcare Direct).

As a Goldfish card holder they give me a flat 6 1/2% off the cost of any holiday. If I pay using the card I don't have to pay the 2% credit card 'handling fee' that travel agents usually charge. The card gives me 'points' which I can spend on Argos, M&S vouchers etc.

I've asked in another thread 'how to get the best discount' and someone else does a similar thing through their own card company to get holiday discounts.

Did you know that TC also have their own credit card, costs nothing to get one and at least it'll mean you won't pay the additional 2%, as long as you have some self discipline and chop the thing up after paying for the holiday! Personally, I'd get a Goldfish card......................... :lol:
Thank you Gary and Mark's Mum :)
If anyone is interested I have now booked DIY with http://www.a1travel.com : flights with Monarch (same flight times as the Thomas Cook package but 2 days earlier) and hotel Topkapi Palace with http://www.kesit.com . Total cost including return airport transfers £2,540 which is a little cheaper than Thomas Cook (£2,784) :hyper
Sorry ermintrude -only just seen this . A1travel are not far from me and they come very highly recommended by a few of my friends that have booked with them and got great deals. Why didnt i think of them earlier :oops: . im going to be ringing them soon to see if they can do me good deal for the hotel i want in Egypt :wink: . Iknow it only seems a little cheaper but would you throw £250 in the bin. I know i wouldnt :wink:

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.