Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
what is the hotel your looking for Ermintrude?? I enjoy a challenge :wink: Might be a long shot but have you checked with the tv holiday channels like http://home.skytravel.co.uk/web2/ or Thomascook tv im sure there is a seperate website for thomas cook TV or maybe someone could help you out with the phone number if you dont have it on your Tv. Ive also heard of many people using co-op travel for good deals. i think they have a few internet people under their arm - here is one http://www.rbstravelservice.co.uk/.

lyn
Hi lyn, thanks for replying. I'm a real bargain hunter and always shop around but this one is beating me! You're welcome to take up the challenge! Okay: 2 adults, 2 kids aged 8 and 11 flying from Gatwick on 17/08 for 7 nights to Antalya staying in the WOW Topkapi Palace pref in a family room for 4. TC website quotes £2784 :shock: When adding late checkout and meals on the plane cost goes up to £2810. We can travel other dates (and would prefer to fly on the 19th, 20th or 21st but I don't want a 4am return flight (often the case from Antalya) and this return flight leaves at 01:35 which somehow seems more manageable with tired kids.
I have phoned Thomas Cook TV and Sky Travel and Barrhead Travel and they are not cheaper. I've also written another email to the WOW Topkapi Reservations guy to beg for a family room or a cheaper deal on interconnecting rooms. There are still flights available to book separately with XL.com (£1021) and others. What else can I do? I might ring my local Thomas Cook Travel Agency later and try them.
Any ideas?
I'll check out your other suggestions.
Many thanks.
Try your local Thomas Cook agency - mine has just quoted me a small discount (but there are only 2 of us and the flight supplements are extortionate!) so you may be able to get a better deal. Good luck.
have you thought about changing hotels or is this the only hotel you want to go to, ie theres the 5 star letoonia hotel in belek thats supposed to be brilliant i know the letoonia in fethiye has fab reviews too, its coming out cheaper, might be another option unless you only want this hotel
hi ellie meg,
yes i think we are certain that we want this hotel. I know it's expensive and there are many many other amazing resorts in Lara Beach and Belek. I am just intent on getting the best price I can!! It's been hard to settle on any one resort to be honest. However, we are going to Lykia World in June (:oops: yes, I know, two holidays ... but I know you travel several times a year too ) :lol: ) and, having been there before, I know it will be hard to match for facilities etc ... especially only a couple of months later. Having decided (I think) I am just intent on getting the best price I can!!
Thanks.
thats fair enough, i love lykia too, we are off to poland tomorrow for 5 days so thats somewhere different, yes you got it i love my hols, 6 times last year, 5 booked this year so far, but cant carry on like this sadly grrr, think next year will be 2-3 oh well it was fun while it lasted. we went to antalya last year but didnt stay in topkapi palace even though it was 1 of the ones we were offered as it was too far out for me. trying to think of the company we booked our holiday through, cant remember will have a look
hi ermintrude , afternoon karen :D . Travel republic have it
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/accomodation/acestabhotels.aspx?utmid=1&EstabId=122540 . but it wouldnt let me price . maybe worth giving them a call

lyn
I went to the Topkapi in summer 2005 through a turkish Travel agency called Kesit. There website is http://www.kesit.com.

I then booke the flights seperately. The main reason for doing this was to travel on particular dates, but it also worked out slightly cheaper than Thomas Cook.

It all worked well and there were no problems.
Poland eh ellie meg? Now that's a place I haven't been to - it doesn't sound warm enough to me :lol:
We're off to Ireland tomorrow for 5 days too, funnily enough (that's why I am trying to get this sorted today) - not that I am expecting much sun there to be honest but at the time I booked the flights I was optimistic. I've never been before and the flights were silly money - it will cost us more to get a taxi to and from the airport!
Yes we were away 5 times last year too (oh and a weekend in snowy Paris as well now I come to think of it). I love travelling but we didn't have the money to travel before we had kids so now they get dragged everywhere. We're very fortunate I know.
Chris and Lyn I have looked on the kesit and Travel Republic websites already - I'll go and check again (maybe I gave up too easily) and then ring them. Thanks, Chris it's good to have a recommendation.
Must get on with some packing too ....
directline also have it but doesnt look any cheaper :(

http://www.directline-holidays.co.uk

lyn
hi lyn, im not packed yet either grr, just stood and done a load of ironing grrr, ive also heard that kensit is good to try, ive used findmeaccommodation.com ,medhotels and somewhere2stay for accommodation , this is the company i used that did do topkapi not sure if its any cheaper think they do their own packages

http://www.instantescapeholidays.co.uk/

its our first wedding anniversary on the 1st june, got married at lykia last year
Thanks Lyn
I rang Travel Republic but they don't have any availability sadly. Their computer system was playing up (as you know!) so they may come back to me. I've emailed kesit as well.
Thanks for checking directline - I hadn't thought to try them.
Thanks ellie meg
I'll try that link too! Happy anniversary :D
Happy aniversary for thursday karen :D

Ermintrude - did you get a price from topkapi for the interconnecting rooms as it may not work out any more expensive by the time you take into account any room supplements. Also it might be worth checking that with thomas cook. I have been caught like that many times. although there are 5 of us and my children are older. in most cases for us it works out cheaper with 2 standard rooms.

lyn
Yep Lyn! Two rooms with TC costs at £3346 and the hotel has offered availability in interconnecting rooms at 240 euros per room per day ie 3360 euros (approx £2,300) but this is also the charge for 4 adults in the same rooms :(
Have phoned local TC Travel Agency - waiting for a call back. Kesit have emailed me for more information so I am waiting on them with my fingers crossed ... watch this space
local Thomas Cook agency just phoned back. They will price match but no lower aargh! Running out of options!
this is really frustrating :( this is the trouble ive had for next years holiday to Belcekiz beach where only thomsons do it. you just know your being ripped off but you cant do anything about it . i notice on the hotel reviews that everyone except chris that recommended Kesit have been via thomas cook. thomas cook used to have a direct booking brochure called blue sky holidays or something but it wasnt around for very long before the plug was pulled on it. Surely whoever own thomas cook must have an internet booking setup around somewhere :? :? but im :swear if i can find it. this is not looking good. and nearly £3000 for a week and thats with only 2 adults :evil:

lyn
thanks guys that year has flown by, still not packed yet, good luck ermintrude
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.