Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
am i right in thinking that flights dont operate like a bus service , coming and going to the same departure airports and departure airports , also , the flight i get off , will that be the same plane that i come back home on . i have been watching the departure board for Bristol airport for my flight to Heraklion on 12/8 time 13.15 and its been departing late
Llindy,

Airlines have lots of aircraft and don't use a particular one on any particular route, they swap and change the specific aircraft all the time. It's rare to have the exact same aircraft operate a flight every week. Same with buses, most large bus companies will have a fleet of vehicles that will be used all over the place, not on a particular route. The same type of aircraft are used, but not the exact registration. There are exceptions to the rule however as some aircraft are based at a particular airport. The aircraft registration is no bearing on whether a flight will be delayed. Delays are caused by many things, it's not just the aircraft.

Darren
off to punta cana 5th august with thompsons , anyone know aircraft type for this flight ?
Hi Starwars I think you might get a quicker response if you post in the flights section for Thomson, but hopefully one of the experts will spot this and respond to you.
Merged to existing topic in flight forum.

Mark :)
starwars,

Welcome oinboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often multiple flights. It ensures we get the right information for your particular flight. Thomson Airways use Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets) on long haul routes. I'm assuming you're on the TOM677/8 from/to Newcastle? If so, it'll be a former First Choice aircraft. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi,

We are travelling LGW to bodrum on thursday 29th july - TOM558. Does anyone know what films will be shown? Also, where does this flight come from before going to Bodrum so that I can track it.

Many thanks,

Nicola :)
nicsim,

IFE for July / August is here. That's the long haul list, short haul will be two from that list. The aircraft comes in from Monastir (TOM385) in the early hours of Thursday morning (0045), then is the first flight out of the day at 0700 to Bodrum.

Darren
Darren,

Many thanks for your speedy response. Am hoping we get to watch Harry Potter - at least then I will have a peaceful flight with my 7 year old!!

Thanks

Nicola :)
hi,
we are due to fly lgw-azs jan 19 2011, i was wondering why people want to know if it's a thomson or fca plane. is there a major difference between the two.
gooner1970,

Welcome onboard :tup
The flight (aircraft) schedule hasn't been released for winter 10/11 as yet. However, LGW-AZS-LGW are operated by a long haul Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). There are slight differences to the aircraft depending on if it's from the ex-FCA or ex-TOM fleet, these are shown on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hi

I am going to punta cana in sept on TOM 104 from manchester what type of plane is it and what is set config

thanks marg
xxmargxx,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM104/5) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets). This aircraft (G-OBYJ) is configured 2-4-2 in economy, 2-3-2 in premium. Further aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hiya, my mam & dad will be flying on a Thomson Airways A321, just wondered what the best seats to have are, as the plan isn't the easiest to read, with the seats and numbers not quite lining up:

Would it be Row 10 or 11 that would give extra leg room? Row 25 and 26 have gone already, so would be looking at Row 10 or 11, whichever appears to be the best on this configuration.
Salford,

Seating is personal preference, there aren't realy any 'best' seats. They all offer the same seat pitch and facilities, so it's whatever the individual passenger prefers. The exception are extra legroom seats. Row 11 and selected seats on 25/26 are the extra legroom seats on the A321-200. These must be pre-booked at extra cost, you can't just choose them via select your seat.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the welcome to the site and your reply to my question re the 767 fleet.

Dave T
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.