Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
am going on tom 144 , 8th august manchester to punta cana , any ideas of a/c type ?
starwars,

I thought you were going on the 8th August, not the 5th? Refer to my reply to your post above. Are you sure you're on the TOM144/5? That is the flight number for Cancun not Punta Cana. I know because I'm on the TOM144/5 later this year!

Darren
:wave: Just putting this out there as i've heard alot of people complaining about it.

Thomson Airways have an annoying habbit of sending 757s and sometimes 737s to Egypt. Thomson promise long haul service to any destination over 5 hours and 737/757 arent up to the job. Small and cramped and not the same service as a 767 (seatback IFE).

Why dont they send 767s? I know they do in summer but why not in winter?

:tongue
jackd166,

It's hardly an annoying habit when they are scheduled to be these well in advance! They do not promise long haul aircraft on destinations over 5 hours. Egypt and Cape Verge are both classed as short (mid) haul destination. It's destinations over 7 hours that are classed as long haul. They don't send 763's on all routes in the summer as the demand for Egypt is lower than european destinations. The 763's are better served on destinations where there's greater demand at this time of year. I've been to Luxor and back on the 752 fleet and personally found it more than acceptable, and that's 6.5 hours on the return flight. The 73H's are just as adequate and actually slightly roomier than the ex-FCA 752's. Of course the 763's with seat back IFE are better, but the 752's are more than adequate for most. The only 73H's used to Egypt are from the smaller regional airports; BOH, STN, LTN and DSA where there isn't the demand to warrent a larger aircraft. If you can't fill an aircraft, either the fares are higher or the route isn't sustainable.

Darren
We are going to Cancun next month from Manchester flight TOM 174 .I believe this is a 767
We have pre booked our premium seats 6a and 6b, does this mean that if they use a different aircraft we will lose our premium seats ?
Also could you please tell me where this plane is arriving from, prior to it landing in Manchester.
Many thanks :D
netty10,

Welcome onboard :tup
The aircraft is a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. In the event the aircraft is changed and it's not the same configuration, some passengers may not get their premium seats. However, it's likely the aircraft will change to a short haul configuration in which case, there are no premium seats. Hopefully, this won't be the case and everything will go to plan. The aircraft comes in from Cancun (TOM144/5). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren, yes that happened last year from Jamacia, no premium seats on the inbound flight.
Really hope that's not the case on this trip !! :(
Thanks again for your quick reply, at least I can now plot it's course from Cancun.
Jackd166,

I was under the impression (but maybe wrong) that Egypt was classed as Short Haul Plus. We have flown to both Sharm and Hurghada during the month of August over the past 5 years from Gatwick, and the aircraft used were always 757's.

regards,
Pat
yeh sorry ! tom 144/5 to cancun 8th aug
HI there

do you have the telephone number for the " select your seat" as the number i found on google 08712 314793 is a dead line when i try

Many thanks

Charlie
Pickflick,

you can try the thomson website https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/webxsr/webxsr?ref=Ynkudmlld0Jvb2tpbmdEZXRhaWxzSW1wbA%3D%3D

you can either select your seat online from the plan or phone 0871 231 4793
Hello........WOW !! there is so much info on this forum, I'm finding it a bit mind boggling !! :oops:

Please can I ask if its too soon to find out what type of plane will fly to Punta Cana from Gatwick 1st December ?

We have pre-bookable premium seats but would like to work out what might suit our party best so we know what to request when we get the option .....we'd love a window seat of course :D

Cheers everyone
WATB,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information in case there are multiple flights. It ensures we get the correct information for you. Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). It's too early to know which configuration is will be, ie ex-First Choice or Thomsonfly, but I susepct it'll be the ex-Thomsonfly. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seats A/B or G/H are the window seats. If the aircraft is an ex-First Choice, row 9 in the premium cabin doesn't have a window so you may want to avoid that row.

Darren
Thanks very much Darren......our flight numbers are TOM070 and TOM071.......do you know how when the plane will be scheduled, is it only when FC send out the email to advise you to choose your seat ? Cheers for your help
WATB,

The airline will already have things scheduled, it's just we don't have access to it as yet. TOM070/1 was an ex-FCA last winter.

Darren
Hi, I know TOM2622 this Saturday 10/07/10 is scheduled to be a 757, is there any chance this could change at all?

Thanks in advance, sparky123.
sparky123,

There is if the scheduled aircraft has a technical problem for example and can't operate the flight. However no one can answer that really. It's unlikely the aircraft will change from the schedule.

Darren
I'm flying to cancun from east mids on flight TOM 866 on the 31st aug. Any idea what plane and what films will be shown? Thanks
Cheers for the info Darren...........I'll just have to be patient and wait til FC email me. Reading other posts it looks like it may be best to assume it will be a Thomson plane and choose accordingly as these have less premium seats and hopefully if there is a late plane change we'll still get a premium seat..........or is this just too simplistic :think
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.