Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
BHX-CUN will be on an ex thomsonfly B767 this winter.
The refuelling stop also returns so outbound it willl be via Manchester
Hi BY-TOM-AMM-FCA,
We fly birmingham to montego bay 3rd dec on a ex thomson, tom642/643 does this flight have a fuelling stop?
Thanks
Beckijs,

It's only the Cancun flight (outbound) that stops for fuel in Manchester. Birminghams runway is too short to allow the aircraft to take off fully fuelled, as is needed for the Cancun flight. The aircraft doesn't need as much fuel for Montego Bay so can therefore take off with the required amount.

Darren
I have just read about the Thomson flight to Corfu on Friday which after loads of mishaps, got the poor passengers to Corfu after 42 hours!! If anyone was going for 1 week it would have been awful.
Hi all

Flying to Montego Bay, Jamaica next Monday with Thomson TOM 0186 returning TOM 0187.

From what i've read so far it will be Ex-First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER or ex-Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER.

Mainly interested about the seating config.

Many Thanks
hansawlo ,

Welcome onboard :tup
I have MAN-MBJ-MAN (TOM186/7) showing as a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER at the moment. You'll find further aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Many thanks for your swift reply! :tup

2-3-2 config then.

Cheers
Thomson Airways First Boeing 767-304/ER With Winglets Is ..... G-OBYD

A Photo Can Be Seen Here

Gower

Wow that winglet looks much different than the ones I have flown on in Airbus aircraft.Seems every time I get to an airport now I am counting how many retro-fits there are on the apron.

Could be the angle of the picture but the airbusses I have been on seem to have the winglets at a more acute angle.

What of course is really incredible in this age of limitless technology is how long it took to come up with this amazing fuel saving addition.

I mean look at the numbers they are amazing 3 to 6% fuel burn saving.

Wonder if the engineer who figured it out has beeen properly compensated when you think how much the airlines are going to save.

Love to know the story behind it all.

Papa
Papa,

The Airbus series aircraft come with winglets (Airbus call them wing fences) as standard, they aren't retrofitted. They are of a different design to those fitted to Boeing aircraft although the A330/340 series have the same design as fitted to the 747-400. The original winglets were developed by NASA, with further developments by Aviation Partners Boeing (APB), Airbus and the major player for winglets, Aviation Partners Incorporated (API). They are in the process of developing new winglets for Airbus to further enhance the ones fitted to the A320 series aircraft. The winglet business is worth billions of dollars so they're well compensated!

Darren
Darren,

Concise as always.one for me to further research.Fascinating stuff.

Regards

Papa
We are flying with Thomsonfly in premier seating from Glasgow on a P&O charter to Barbados. Have heard conflicting stories about check in and seat allocation. Am keen to avoid being separated from my husband.

Do you happen to know if seats are actually pre allocated prior to check in.

Thanks
marbon,

Welcome onboard :tup
Seating is allocated the day before the flight departs. You can pre-book specific seats (select your seats) by calling the airline 3 up to months prior to your departure date. More details on Thomsons website.

Darren
Thanks Darren

I had phoned Thomsons but they say that because its a P&O charter, we cant pre book specific seats at all.

I also phoned P&O who say they never pre allocate seats as this is done at the check in desk. So you should get there mega early. And yet I have heard some folks say they have found this wasnt the case.

Can you tell me - Is it Thomson or P&O who allocate the seating the day before?

Cheers
marbon,

The airline will pre-allocate the seats the day before. I never thought with it being a cruise charter they wouldn't let you pre-select, no reason why not though because they've done it in the past. P&O can't do anything with seating as they've apointed the airline to sort all that for them. I wouldn't worry too much, the majority of passengers are seated together. However because the seating is configured 2-3-2 and most travel as couples in the premium cabin, it's inevitable a couple of couples will be sat one behind the other (usually).

Darren
Hi Marbon
Can confirm you can be sat apart in premium we have been and we had booked seat together but Thomson's definition of seats together is if you are not seperated by a third person so you could be sat behind each other, i hope you have better luck.

Roger
Thomson Airways don't tend to use their computer system to allocate seats on cruise charters, they go with the scheduled system of allocation on check in. Some people prefer it, but believe me, there are more complaints than when the computer system is used.

My advice is if travelling on a fly cruise flight, with Thomson Airways(cant speak for the other charters) get their early to bag a window/legroom/aisle(whatever your fancy)
Flying from MAN to SFB Jan 11th on TOM112 is it too early to have any information about the flight/aircraft??

What ife will be offered(in premuim cabin)
what aircraft will it be etc...

Thanks in advance

John
johnparker72,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. The IFE listing for January / February won't be released until the end of December so check back then.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.