Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We are flying Glasgow To Tenerife
I am booking seats but not sure what rows are best
Can you advise
Row 5 still available Is this ant good

Thanks
:D :D :D
Hi we are travelling on flight tom144 manchester to cancun and im wandering if it still will be the ex fca and were is this flight coming from so i can check delays.
Thanks
Mark
mark betts,

The Flight Is Scheduled To Operate On An ex FCA Boeing 767-300/ER, (subject to change for technical reasons) It Should Operate Flight TOM153 Cozumel, Mexico - Manchester Before It Operates On Your Flight.

Gower
helenq,

Seating Is Very Much A Personal Preference, Row 5 Is Just The Same As Many Other Rows On The Aircraft And Is Ok To Book, Have You Looked At The Seating Plan For The Aircraft Here

Gower
Hi again
I just booked seats and was to pay £30 but was not asked for payment details
Does that mean I was not charged or would payment be taken from card used to pay deposit
It is a thomson gold holiday
helenq,

It'll probably be added to your account and payment taken from their. I recently booked a similar holiday with pre-booked seating included (Thomson Premier Collection), but seat selection is extra.

Darren
LGW - SSH and return. TOM 652/397 5/10 and 15/10.

Both ways operated by Thomsonfly non-seat back IFE, which was a struggle to see on the outbound leg from 24A.

Inbound seemed to be the same aircraft and I had 28C which made seeing the aisle screens a bit easier.

Inflight service was good and the meal excellent both ways (I like spicy sausage!!)

Was way too hot on the inbound although my in-laws in the A/B seats were quite chilly. Is is normal to have such a disparity of temps even across the aisle on the same row? Also in short haul config, a little too cramped for the almost 6 hrs we were on board. I know it would have been a good idea to book the extra legroom seats, but we were a party of six and not all would have been as keen from the outset to splash the cash. I'm guessing we might be now!!

Overall flight impressions good.

Not so good (and completely outside Thomson's control) was SSH airport. The "International" terminal is a shambolic carphole of incessant queues, broken and smelly loos, staggeringly expensive duty free shop - priced in USD - and very few places which serve stuff recognisable as food. The nice shiny new terminal next door looks much more the part and could (should) be used for international departures while the old one is refurbished or preferable razed to the ground. Thank God they managed to run the hotel better than this.
  • Edited by IainB99 2009-10-20 07:39:30
IainB99,

That Would Have Been G-OBYH Both Ways, Operating Your Flight

Gower
Gower, some days you just get lucky.

66% chance of seat back IFE on the route, we managed to hit the 33% both times! :rofl

IainB
I am flying to goa on 2nd november in premium they have said there is only 5 rows normally there is more just wondered if anyone knows what type of aircraft it will be
Kevin51,

It Will Be A Former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER

Gower
Kevin51,

Welcome onboard :tup
Further to Gowers post, you'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? giuide.

Darren
Thomson Airways First Boeing 767-304/ER With Winglets Is ..... G-OBYD

A Photo Can Be Seen Here

Gower
GowerL7,

Quite an impressive addition to the wings are they, standing 11ft tall!! The API blended winglets have been in service on the 767-300/ER with various operators for about 7 months now and indications so far show they are performing better than expected. They were expected to give up to 6.5% better fuel burn (averaging between 3 - 5.5% depending on aircraft utilisation) but some airlines are reporting better than expected results. Given Thomson Airways 787's are probably 2 years away yet, the winglets, part of a compensation package from Boeing should give the 767 fleet a new lease of life in the medium range sector. We can now sit in our seats sipping a cool drink at 41,000ft on long haul flights with Thomson Airways knowing our carbon footprint is lower than it used to be :cheers

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.