Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
stevenscott5581,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM126/7) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hi,

We are flying LGW - Male on Sunday 11th, TOM054 and returning 26th TOM156. Can anyone tell me if these flights will be ex-FCA planes or not.

Also we have booked extra leg room seats (note they are now called 'extra' seats!), can anyone tell me which row numbers these will likely be?

Many thanks.

Katie.
On another forum there are loads of complaints about the type of Aircraft being used for Cape Verde (Sal) what are the types used 767 or 757??? I understood it was 757-200 from ALL airports that serve this route??
katielind,

LGW-MLE-LGW (TOM054/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find seating plans for the aircraft linked from our What Aircraft? guide so you can see where the extra legroon seats are located. They are at the front of the economy cabin and by the overwing emergency exits (marked with red arrows / rows 12 CDE, 14 AB, FG & 28 on version 2). Specific row numbers depends on the aircraft assigned to your flight as there are two variations.

Darren
qatarman,

Aircraft for Cape Verde (Sal) over the winter months are as per my previous post. All flights in to Sal are operated by Boeing 757-200's. Flights in to Boa Vista from LGW (TOM251/2) are also operated by a Boeing 757-200 (wingletted). This information is taken directly from Thomson Airways aircraft schedule.

Darren
Hi Darren,
I cannot understand why some think they have had a change of plane.I booked extra legroom because it is a 757-200.
Hi Darren,

Flying tomorrow LGW to Cancun on Tom022. Can you tell me where the flight is coming in from so that I can track it for delays etc. Many thanks.
chaffesbird,

TOM022/3 is normally operated by the aircraft inbound from Orlando Sanford (TOM046/7). Your flight should be operated by G-OOBL.

Have a great holiday and a couple of Corona's for us all :cheers :sun2

Darren
Thanks for your speedy reply Darren. Will have a couple of tequilas as well!!!
For those interested, Tui (Thomson) have reduced their Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) order in the wake of several delays in development of the new aircraft. First Choice and Tui both had orders for the aircraft type but the merger, compounded by delays has seen the cancellation of 10 aircraft. First Choice, the European lauch customer for the 787 held 12 787 orders while Tui had 11. Thomson Airways will keep 13 firm orders plus 13 first rights. The 787 project is massively behind schedule with Thomson Airways expecting to receive their first aircraft in April 2008, delayed until April 2010. However, technical problems with the wing box that was found to require strengthening has meant the aircraft has yet to complete it's maiden flight and aircraft aren't expected to be delivered until 2011 at the earliest.

Darren
Darren, Many thanks for the info, will post flight report on my return, hope it is better than our SCP experience on the now rather dated aircraft last year, hence the choice not to pay the extra this year.
Katie.
Hi all,

Just checking my web searching skills !

We are flying tomorrow with Tom to Cancun - flight number TOM374, I have looked through the available mayfly's on the web and believe that the flight prior to ours is TOM259 from Orlando Sanford. Am I right.

I also notice that the aircraft usually doing this route is G-DBLA, can anyone confirm that this is also right ?

Cheers

FC
Fatcat5,

You Are Correct, The Flight Before Yours Will Be The Orlando Sanford - Bristol TOM259

The Aircraft Operating This Flight Should Be G-PJLO, So That Should Also Be Operating Your Flight Tomorrow

Have A Great Holiday :sun2

Gower
So Darren what are they going to buy Airbus A330s,and get rid of those old 767s?? that seem to have alot of downtime,get some modern gear.
qatarman,

They'll be keeping hold of the 767's until Boeing eventually deliver the 787's. As part of a compensation package, Boeing are retro-fitting API blended winglets to the 767 fleet (long haul) this winter. Thomson won't be getting any A332's as they want an all Boeing fleet. An homologated fleet reduces costs, ie maintenance and crew.

Darren
Fatcat5,

Further to Gowers post, you'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hey im travelling on flight TOM396 LGW-SSH on 01 July 2010. I think it might be a 767 but im not sure? If so will it have seat back IFE?
Im returning on flight TOM653 on 12 July 2010 will it be the same aircraft?

ohh one more thing - i want a nice wingview like row 26 so can i just arrive early at check-in and request it?

Thanks very much! :D :sun2
hi darren,

we are travelling to hurghada from manchester on 20th nov tom772. do you know which aircraft it will be.

many thanks.

chris
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.