Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
How many of Thomson Airways 757s have been retro fitted with winglets??
qatarman,

Currently 5 ex-FCA (G-CPEU/V, G-OOBA/G/H) and 2 ex-TOM (G-BYAX/Y). There are others currently on lease to other airlines.

Darren
Chris1957,

I've been looking at booking my next holiday all afternoon, I forgot to double check the registrations for you, sorry! TOM882/3 is being operated by G-OBYE and TOM592/3 G-OBYI as Gower mentioned. You'll be on one of those aircraft, probably G-OBYE. Both aircraft have seat back IFE installed.

Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Why is it you only ever find such a useful forum the day before you travel?!

My partner and I are traveling to Cancun tomorrow morning on flight TOM144 from Manchester. Does anyone know what kind of plane we're on and what to expect from the IFE?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul
paw83,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM144/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. BY-TOM-AMM-FCA posted the currenty IFE listing here. You'll also have a selection of games.

Have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darren
Darren/Wiz/Gower

Thank you for your replies. I have only flown long haul for the last few years so have been spoilt with seat back ents as standard etc. Failed to realise that many short/mid haul have not yet been upgraded. Also been spoilt by long haul legroom of 33".

Thanks

Andrew
andrewsay wrote:
Failed to realise that many short/mid haul have not yet been upgraded

And are very unlikely ever to be too! It's only because some of the former long haul aircraft (767's) are being used on short-mid haul routes that they have seat back IFE installed. Some of these aircraft will be converted back to long haul duties. The 737, 757, A320/1 fleet won't be receiving any IFE upgrades.

Darren
Why does it take three and a half hours to Corfu from Manchester and the same return?
It was a Thompsons flight in May of this year, can`t remember the aircraft type but did not seem particularly new.
The monitors on board showed the aircrafts speed as 450.
I fly to tenerife regularly and the monitors show 550/565.
Are they saving fuel.
Rodz
Rodz,

3.5 hours sounds about right to me to cover the 1411 miles trip. It's always a little longer on the way back due to prevailing winds. Flight time depends on a number of factors; routing, aircraft type (cruising speed), weather (wind direction / strength) etc. For example, the scheduled flight time from MAN-CFU outbound on a 767-300/ER is 3 hours 20 minutes. It's the same for the 757-200 and about 10 minutes longer on the Airbus A320-200. The speeds quoted on the screens are often speed over the ground rather than indicated airspeed and are influenced by wind direction/speed. eg if you are flying at 300kn with a tail wind of 50kn, your speed over the ground (not corrected for height) is 350kn. If that's a head wind you have, you'd only be travelling at 250kn over the ground even though your airspeed is showing 300kn. I hope that makes sense.

Darren
Anybody any idea what aircraft will be used for flight TOM 2426 MAN - PMI (Palma de Mallorca) 15/10/2009, always interested in what aircraft will be flying on.
Cheers :)
BigAl,

MAN-PMI-MAN (TOM2426/7) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (328Y / short haul). Refer to our What Aircraft? guide for further information.

Darren
Thanks Darren, that has surprised me a bit :yikes , i expected a B737 or B757. I have only flown once and that was seven years ago on a very recently repainted My Travel aircraft, hope Thomson aircraft are a bit better.
:cheers
Alan
Afternoon people.

Can anyone tell me what plane we will be on for our flight to Mexico on 15th october from Gatwick? No: TOM092

Im trying to find out what seating configuration i'll be having so i can possibly pre book seats.
Mr Parsons,

Your flights are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information, including seating plans on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Thanks Darren,
We don`t seem to be flying any faster than 20 years ago.
Why can`t we fly at 700 mph, I think that`s still 61 mph below the speed of sound.
Rodz
Cheers Darren sorry for the delay to my reply,just an addon how many 757s does that leave and are they all due for winglets?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.