Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Which aircraft?
6395 Posts
Darren

We are flying Thomson 767-300ER and are looking to book row 10 A/B are they bulk head seats and if so do they fully recline,
Hope you can help

Roger
we have booked our flights with thomson through travel republic, and have paid for seats together ( 2 of us), does anyone know if we will be able to pick our seat numbers and if so how? travelling to sharm el sheikh
hev106,

Welcome onboard :tup
Don't worry, this is the right place! LGW-HRG-LGW (TOM810/561) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. The outbound flight will be a wingletted aircraft. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide. It shouldn't be too late to pre-book / select your seats. More details on Thomsons website or Thomson: Flight Extras. Seats are pre-allocated the day before the flight so check-in staff won't be able to help I'm afraid. All seats are pretty standard, they are much of a muchness.

Darren
Rogerdoger,

You don't say where you are flying? Are you on long haul or short haul? You'll find seating plans for the various aircraft on our What aircraft? guide.

Darren
DebbieCambs,

Details on how to select seating is on Thomsons website or Thomson: Flight Extras if you have an acceptable booking reference.

Darren
Darren

Many thanks for clearing that up, I will call them tomorrow and see if I can find a suitable seat, although unless its an exit or blukhead seat may just take my chance, its only a short flight after all!

Hev :tup
hev106 wrote:
its only a short flight after all!

It's not that short! It's the 2nd furtherest mid-haul flight they operate at over 5 hours outbound and a little further inbound. I'm off to HRG on the same aircraft types in March 2010 from Manchester with flight times of 5.5 hours / 6.25 hours respectively, about 30 minutes less each way for LGW. We've been overhead New York in just over 6 hours from Manchester!

Darren
Darren

Another quick question.................Thomson show two 757-200's pn seat guru one called vers 1 and the other vers 2................which is the correct one for my flight, all I can see is that one is bigger than the other i.e. vers 1 carries more passengers?

Pardon my ignorance what is a wingletted aircraft.............is that the little bit that appears added onto the wingtip? Is that a way of confirming which version aircraft it is?

Sorry if the questions seem a bit 'normal' but hey a plane is a plane to me I am afraid :duh
Darren

5 and a bit hours is short when I did 23hours to Auckland :) am just about to call them (if they still open) just in case I miss the chance first thing in the morning!

Hev
hev106,

There are two versions because part of the fleet is made up of former First Choice aircraft (14) and part Thomsonfly (11). The airlines and tour operators merged last year. Your outbound flight should be a former Thomsonfly aircraft and the inbound a former First Choice. There's no difference between them really other than the former Thomsonfly have nicer seats (slimline Recaro). The seat plans are linked from the What aircraft? guide. The ones on Seat Guru, assuming you've looked at the Thomas Cook ones? are virtually the same. Version 1 on Seat Guru is the long haul version and only used to Canada. It's version 2 with 235 seats that you need.

5 and a bit hours is short when I did 23hours to Auckland

I know what you mean, most of my flying is long haul! You have better inflight facilities on those sorts of flights though and normally a lot more seat pitch!

Darren
Darren

You are a star, thank you so much, dont knwo so much about inflight entertainment as slept most of my flight to nz! lol
Darren and any other peeps trying to pre-book.......Thomson now say that if you wish to pre-book after i.e. not at time of booking..................then they need 3 DAYS notice! Just called them for a flight leaving Friday afternoon and told no, sorry you should have called us Tuesday.......................Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....all well and good considering I only got my tickets etc today thanks to the postal strike!

H
Hi Guys.
We are travelling from Manchester to Barbados to catch P&O Artemis on 28 Nov (TOM 118) and we have been told that we cannot pre-book our premium seats nor can we use the lounges. I think the plane seating is 2-3-2 in premium, can anyone please confirm this and is the IFE available yet?
Thanks for your time
Kev
Hi DebbieCambs,

RE: SEAT NUMBERS

We booked our actual seat numbers/bulk head seats with Thomson by phoning them direct. Tel: 0870 607 6757.

Pat
kevbee,
Hello, I can confirm that seating in Premium Class is 2-3-2.
IFE is usually posted around the end of the month however im not 100% up to speed as I have been away from the forums for some time.
Enjoy the flight
Z.J.C
kevbee,

See BY-TOM-AMM-FCA's post above regarding seating. Because it's a cruise charter, you can't pre-book the seating. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
kevbee,

With regards to lounge access, this never has been included in Thomson premium seating. If you want lounge access you will need to book and pay through a 3rd party.

Mark :)
Apart from Orlando Sanford, Premium customers get access to the Palm Lounge.
Hi Darren
Yes sorry about that its long haul to La Roma

Thanks
Roger
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.