Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Z.J.C

Could someone tell me what A/C this will be ex First Choice or not and its Reg, My Flight number is Tom288 on May 10th and Tom289 on May 17th

Thanks

Playmini
Hi - Flying from BHX to SSH on TOM 844 27th May.....Can you advise what plane will be on please and a link to the seating plan ( if you have one ) so I can pre book a seat with a good view..not sure if LHS or RHS would be best going out for views? ( do you have a detailed route map)?
Can you also confirm if we will get individual TV's and if so what can we expect to be available to view / play.

Thanks
billbarr,

The aircraft schedule shows the followibng status:

Dep MAN Fri 08:20, Arr JMK 14:15, Boeing 737-800 (winglets), Flight Number: TOM2530
Dep JMK Fri 15:15, Arr MAN 17:20, Boeing 737-800 (winglets), Flight Number: TOM2531

Theres's no suggestion it operates via LGW on the system at the moment. There is a Gatwick flight on a friday as well, scheduled with a Boeing 737-300 but there are no changes listed to that either at the moment. Thomson Airways should contact you if there are changes. If you're worried about connections, it might be worth giving them a call for peace of mind.

Darren
Playmini,

We won't know the registration until the day before as aircraft are rotated almost weekly. It makes little difference in any case, they're all the same inside. The Airbus A321-200 fleet is ex-First Choice. Thomsonfly never operated the type. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
britabroad,

BHX-SSH-BHX (TOM844/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). You'll find lots of aircraft information, including seating plans on out What Aircraft? guide. There are 5 minor variations to the 757 fleet due to the mixed background, but the generic one is linked. Whether to sit on the port or starboard side is personal preference really, it makes little difference. I went down to Luxor / Hurghada earlier this month and went for a port seat on the way out and starboard on the way back, just for variety! It'll be dark bythe time you land and your return flight dark all the way back. The routing varies, but expect to depart BHX and head across Belguim and Germany, over the Alps then across to Athens (Greece), cross the Med over Crete in to Northern Egypt then down in to Sharm. The 757-200's don't have seat back IFE, they have drop down screens over the isle. May / June IFE listing will be released at the beginning of May. I posted the current IFE listing on the previous page to give you an idea of the type of things to expect.

Darren
Thanks darren..shame about only having the Aisle TV's as its about a 5 hour flight.......
britabroad,

Coming back from Luxor last week (757-200) was 6 hours 28 minutes because of strong headwinds. The 752's aren't as bad as they sound, screens are every 4 rows. It's the bit in between the flights that counts the most!

Darren
Just came back from lrm this morning boy what a flight very turbulante but was quick 25 mins ahead of schedule was different aircraft from the one that we went out on which i thought was more comfortable only had one toliet in middle this time not 2. cabin crew were fantastic. We almost had to turn back to lrm another passenger was very ill, then decided not to. Paramedics were on board straight away on landing in glasgow. Flight wasnt full either dazbo going or coming back but all in all it was an brilliant holiday.
HI,
My son's flying from Bristol to Cancun with Thomson in May. What aircraft usually operate this flight please? thanks.
shirley h,

Do you know the exact dates of travel? BRS-CUN-BRS (TOM518/9) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER, normally from the former First Choice fleet.

Darren
Hi

I'm looking at flights from SSH to MAN on 7th November....

there are 2 flights operated by Thomson less than an hour apart; does anyone know which of these flights is better? - is either of them more often on time? is one using a better aircraft in terms of in-flight entertainment (e.g. i think some thomson aircraft have seat back tvs)

SUNDAY 31ST OCTOBER - TOM 547 18.40 / TOM453 18.05

thanks for any help
ukswift88,

Welcome onboard :tup
The flight schedule for winter 10/11 hasn't been released as yet so we can't check at the moment. However, MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM546/7) is scheduled to be operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER on 31/10/10. Other flights are normally operated by a Boeing 757-200 through the winter season. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Punctuality isn't flight specific; delays can happen to any flight at any time but Thomson Airways currently hold the top spot for most punctual charter airline. My flights with them this month were pretty much on time.

Darren
many thanks Darren

I've fired an email off to Thomson because the lass on the phone today first said the departure from Manchester to Mykonos remained unchanged then came back and said it was flying via Gatwick there and back. She seemed as confused as I was.

I went to the Thomson flights page a few minutes ago and sure enough the Manchester departure and arrival times have been extended 2 hours there and back on 14th and 21st May.

Fingers crossed whoever answers my email knows what the heck is going on.

bill
Traveling, to Alicante on the 10 June, from Manchester Thomson airways, 6-15 am takeoff, any idea what type of plane please. :)
Hi Dazbo, flying to Tenerife on 13th April 2010, Thomson flight out of Manchester at 08.20, do you have any idea what aircraft is used?
snowey,

MAN-ALC-MAN (TOM2404/5) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
barnio,

MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2222/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi i am new to this so sorry with loads of questions never gone long haul before...
We are flying at 9.15am from London Gatwick to Mexico on 27th April 2010
Can you tell me what plane it is?? :que The seating plan?? :que Where it just flew from?? :que In your opinion which is best 2 seats to reserve or which seats are best to avoid?? :que I might sound dull but i read a lot about winglets what is this?? is this a good or bad thing to have?? :que

Thanks in advance
john
jwillia01,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM074/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. It'll be a wingletted aircraft on the return flight and there's a 50/50 chance on your outbound flight as well. The aircraft will be operating TOM038/9 (LGW-Puerto Plata-LGW) before your outbound flight. However since your inbound flight is in the Summer rather than Winter season, this may change for you inbound flight. It'll obviously be operating the outbound flight to Cancun immediately before your inbound flight. You'll find further aircraft information including photos, seating plan and my trip reports on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal prefrence, there's arn't any best seats really. All the economy seats have the same facilities, except extra legroom seating. You may wish to avoid rows adjacent to the galley and toilets to avoid distrurbance. Winglets are a new innovation to increase aircraft performance and efficiency and are being retrofitted to many aircraft types at the moment including some of Thomson Airways fleet of Boeing 757-200 and 767-300/ER. It makes no difference from a passengers perspective other than you know the aircraft you are travelling on is more efficient than it's non-wingletted version.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.