Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
OK buddy i will ask nearer the time, thanks for your prompt response
alexblfc,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM328/9) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets) from the former Thomsonfly fleet.

Darren
andyjardo,

I'm on that flight later this year and the information I have is it's a former FCA 76W. However I can't confirm it either way until May as I won't have access to the summer schedule (registration information) until then. Best way to confirm it is to check out the online seat selection if you have access to it. If it's 2-3-2 in economy, it's an FCA, 2-4-2 ex-TOM. If you have seats E - F/G, then it's an ex-FCA as I think it will be. Aircraft can change for operational reasons at short notice but you'll normally get an equivelant seat.

Darren
Thanks Darren, your a fountain of knowledge. I'll check with you in May.

Andy.

P.S Hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico!!
Thanks Darren, could i also ask whether we will have seat back IFE? Also, the wingletted aircraft for former thomsonfly are G-OBYD, G-OBYH and G-OBYF right? so will it be one of these then?

Thanks alot, really helpful info :)
andyjardo wrote:
P.S Hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico!!

You'll be there and back well before I go, save some tequila for me won't you :cheers

alexblfc wrote:
Also, the wingletted aircraft for former thomsonfly are G-OBYD, G-OBYH and G-OBYF right? so will it be one of these then?

There are more than just those that are wingletted, most of the fleet is. I don't have the short haul registrations for S10 as yet, but G-OBYH is certainly on short haul as well as a couple of others. G-OBYF is still operating for TuiFly Nordic. All but G-OBYH have seat back IFE.

Darren
Hi Dazbo , wonder if you can help , i'm flying Gatwick to Luxor, on flight TOM 242 / 243 on 23 june i have ex legroom seats booked and i can now select which seats via their website , they have allocated me 12 D and E , are these in the row where there only 2 seats either side instead of the usual 3 ? also there is the option to change to row 32 a/b/c or d/e/f can you confirm the actual plane type so i can view the seatplan or advise which are the best seats, thanks Andy.
andy66,

The aircraft is a Boeing 757-200, confirmed by the seating plan you have. There are 5 varients to the seating plan, I've linked the generic one from our What Aircraft? guide. The varient depends on the specific aircraft allocated on the day as it varies depending on the aircraft background. The exit rows are all the same though. Row 12 D/E only have 2 seats together. Because of the emergency escape slide locted at the bottom of the door, there isn't room to have the 'F' seat on that row. If you've travelling as a couple, you may prefer the privacy of the pair of seats. Even though there's loads of room infront, the disadvantage is there's no wall to lean on as the seats are set away from the fuselage, all hand luggage needs to be placed in the overhead lockers at take off / landing and it can feel a little chilly by the door. Row 32 have the same disadvantages apart from the 3rd seats means the the A / F seats gives you something to lean on. Seating is always personal preference.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Darren, so apart from that i can stretch out my legs!! :D we did have row 32 a/b on a thomson flight to taba last year , the toilets were in front of us , but there was loads of room and the missus could lean on the window , instead of dribbling all over my shoulder , so i'll go and tell the better half the situation and she can choose , because you just know that if i decide it will be "why did you choose these!!!" :D

Cheers , Andy.
Hi ,

we are flying Gatwick to Cancun on 17/04/2010. Does anyone know what films will be showing?

Thanks, :sun2
topic,

Welcome onoard :tup
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA posted the current (March / April) IFE listing here.

Darren
HI,

I have been asked by a friend to see if i can find out what the seating config is on her flight.

Tom2336 7/7/10 from Manchester to Paphos.

Does any one know????

Thanks
partygirl24,

Your friends flight (TOM2336) Will be operated by a Boeing 757-200 (Winglets)

Seating is configured 3-3 on this aircraft.

For more information visit our what aircraft? thread (link in my signature)

Gower
flying to jamaica in August, please advise what plane. Flight No. Tom374.
Darren,

Is G-OBYE still with Thomson or is it on lease with someone else? Also, would you expect my flights (TOM328/329 LGW-SSH 4th July) to be operated by any particular aircraft? Because i'm now hoping it's not G-OBYH, so i can avoid having no seat back IFE! :S

Thanks alot

Alex
lizschool,

Your flights With Thomson Airways will be operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER.

Please refer to our What Aircraft? Guide.

Gower
alexblfc,

G-OBYE is still with Thomson's (Currently with no Winglets).

There would be no specific aircraft operating your flight as they get changed around (rotated) regularly.

If you were to ask the day before your flight, we can normally give a pretty good idea as to the aircraft that would be operating it. It is pot luck whether or not you get G-OBHY without the IFE.

Gower
ok thanks a lot gower, I hope it isn't OBYH though!

thanks again

alex
Thanks for your help Darren. Cancun here I come :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.