Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi :wave:

We are travelling to Punta Cana 12th May from Gatwick flying premier. We have booked our seats both ways and from the seat plan available when booking it looked like it was a former FC plane (9 or 10 rows). We have booked 4 A&B going and 3 A&B coming home.

My question is this, if for whatever reason they have to change aircraft and revert to to a thompson (smaller premier section) aircraft, how do they allocate the premier seats to existing premier customers?

Is it a first book arrangement or first check in at the airport arrangement or do prebooked seats come into it?

Also, If the original aircraft was fully booked, what would happen to the additional passengers from premier?

Sorry there are a lot of questions all in one thread, I just wondered how it was done as I'm sure this can happen from time to time.

Many thanks
Watford Travellers,

Schedules are put together well in advance. It's unlikely the aircraft will change unless it's for operational reasons, eg a technical problem. If that does happen, then an alternative aircraft will be used if available. If a former Thomsonfly aircraft is used, then it's unfortunate that not all passengers will get premium seating as the premium cabin is smaller. You have to ask the question, would you prefer not to get a premium seat or be delayed by say 24 hours and lose a day of your holiday until the aircraft is repaired or becomes available? Seating is allocated normally on booking order as far as I'm aware. Those that don't get premium seating will be refunded for the sector they don't recieve the premium cabin.

Darren
Many thanks Dazbo

Your are quite right, I would rather sit anywhere than miss precious hours at the resort.

Thanks for a speedy reply as usual.
hi

can you tell me what the aircraft it will be for 21st April 2010 ex DSA to Paphos TOM3306 and the return TOM3351 on the 28th please - Let's hope the Ash has all gone away by then - thanks.
HuddersfieldTourist,

DSA-PFO-DSA (TOM3306/3351) are operated by a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Many thanks - now keeping an eye on the ash situation - hopefully it may have cleared up by next week if the volcano will stop erupting which it still is apparently . Perhaps we need a strong southerly wind to send it back to Iceland ? :)
Flying Manchester to Cancun In July what airplane will it be and what seat formation 2-3-2 or 2-4-2 flight no. TOM 144 :cheers
Kimboparkes,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM144/5) should be operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). These are configured 2-3-2 throughout.

Darren

PS, I'm on that flight later this year :cheers
Thanks for that but I'm puzzled, what's a winglet? :que . Also have a great time on your holidays :cheers
Kimboparkes wrote:
Thanks for that but I'm puzzled, what's a winglet?

Winglets are a new innovation to increase aircraft performance and efficiency and are being retrofitted to many aircraft types at the moment including some of Thomson Airways fleet of Boeing 757-200 and 767-300/ER. It makes no difference from a passengers perspective other than you know the aircraft you are travelling on is more efficient than it's non-wingletted version. If you click on the aircraft type on our What Aircraft? guide, you'll see photos of both wingletted and non-wingletted aircraft. Key benefits of winglets include;

A reduction in fuel burn and emissions
A reduction in engine maintenance
Improved range and/or payload
Improved handling and stability
Faster climb to altitude
Increased initial cruise speed
Greater safety margins
Environmental benefits (for example ~6.5% reduction in fuel burn on the 767-300/ER)

I'll not go in to how they achieve it!

Darren
I know this question is like "how long is a piece of string " but we are due to fly to turkey on tuesday from EMA what are the chances of use going on holiday ? this holiday was booked only last month due to use missing our holiday in jan due to swine flu. :( everyone please cross there fingers x
Noone has got a clue, I am crew and I don't know when I will next be in work, I am just prepared for a phone call everyday telling me my flight has been cancelled. I'm hoping by Monday/Tuesday it will start easing off, however we don't know anything that you don't. Its affecting everyone, holidaymakers, people travelling for business, airline staff.
liana,

Please refer to the Volcanic Ash Closes Airspace topic for latest information. The situation is fluid and is being reviewed by NATS, the Met Office and other bodies on a regular basis. No one knows how long the restrictions will last as it depends on how long the volcano spews out ash and the prevailing weather conditions. Given the extent of the closures, currently up to 7pm this evening, there's going to be knock-on effects for a few days afterwards. Even if aircraft are permitted to fly again this evening, it's going to take a few days for airlines to catch up and settle down again. The only thing you can do is keep an eye on the news and Thomsons website for latest information. It's out of anyones hands at the moment as we're at the mercy of mother nature.

Darren
Hi, flying LGW to Dalaman 28 June 2010 TOM 848 return 8 July TOM 493. Could you let me know what type of plane this should be, many thanks :cheers
janalice,

There is no match on the system for the outbound flight code you have provided, TOM848,
Maybe you mean the TOM408, TOM862 or TOM570. I would suspect the TOM408.

The TOM408 and TOM862 are operated by a Boeing 767-300 (Winglets)
The TOM570 is operated by a Boeing 757-200 (Winglets)

Your return flight the TOM493 is operated by a Boeing 757-200 (Winglets)

For more information please refer to our what aircraft? guide (link below)

Gower
Hi, it definately says TOM 848 and when I went to select our seats the configuration is 2-4-2 whereas the return flight is 3-3, very strange!!
Hi Dazbo

Do you know what aircraft we will be on for this years holiday to Ibzia.
Its TOM7632 BHX leaving on 28/08 @ 08:05 to Ibiza and returns on 11/09.

Many thanks in advance
watkins.
janalice,

It could be a case that it is a recent addition of a flight and has not yet been updated on the list I have.
The fact that it is showing 2-4-2 outbound means it will be a ex Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300 (winglets)

Inbound operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets)

Gower
Watkins,

Your flight TOM7632 will be operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER (Winglets)

This has recently been upgraded from A 757-200

More information as ever on our What Aircraft? Guide (Link in my signature)

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.