Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi darren im going to zante on 4th june from manchester airport on tom2504. Could you please tell me what type of plane will be used
samclare,

MAN-ZTH-MAN (TOM2504/5) are sheduled to be operated by an Airbus A320-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I am flying out on TOM108 from Manchester - Holguin on the 29th May and Return om TOM109 on the 12th June, do you know what the inflight entertainment will be.

Many Thanks :wave:
gdavey,

Welcome onboard :tup
IFE listings for May / June won't be released until the beginning of May. If you keep a lookout on here, BY-TOM-AMM-FCA normally posts it for us, subject to workload.

Darren
Hi, were flying out to Larnaca on the 16th June with First Choice, have just pre-booked out seats, config is 2-4-2,does anyone know if the tv will be in the back of the seat in front ur up above? If its up above where are they positioned?
Many Thanks
keels71,

Your fligths, MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2334/5) are operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-304/ER (winglets). All but one have seat back IFE so there's a good chance it will have. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
hello

I would like to ask something please

Why do both EMA CFU EMA TOM 7558 / 9 and BHX CFU BHX TOM 7568 / 9 both have NINE OR TEN hour stops in Corfu please ?? It's usually about an hour to tturn round that's why I ask.

These are May 20100 onward flights.

Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist,

The flights probably operate w-patterns so operate to a different airport in between before returning to operate the reciprical flight, for example Bristol.

Darren
I've read some good an bad reviews about this thomson fly route, and have read a little about what to expect from the journey. I'm travelling to Aruba in July, booked with first choice. I understand the plane will be a former first choice airways boeing 767-300. I'm wondering if anyone has flown this route? I'm thinking of paying £190 each to upgrade our flights to premium, but I'm not sure if it's worthwhile. Any advice much appreciated.

Carl.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
wally07,

You'll find plenty of information on long haul flights with Thomson Airways on this thread, and aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). All long haul flights are operated in the same way regardless of destination. Whether to upgrade to the premium cabin is personal preference. If you want the increased baggage allowance, extra 3-4" seat pitch, faster check-in, complimentory drinks, upgraded meals etc, then yes, it's worth it. Personally, I find the economy cabin more than adequate and would rather put the money towards a nicer hotel or activities in-resort.

Darren
HuddersfieldTourist,

The flights probably operate w-patterns so operate to a different airport in between before returning to operate the reciprical flight, for example Bristol.

Darren

Thanks for the information - I guess that a w-pattern is an official term for flights that do this - I can see why they use w

I looked and I guessed that the Birmingham one slotted in Bristol and the EMA slotted in Norwich !

I just wonder doesn't that leave the crew along way from their base airport though or at least where they may have parked their car !

thanks
Yep - and they get a nice coach ride to add to the long round trip.

It's more fun when (e.g.) the Gatwick crews do a Sanford flight back into Newcastle - plus 6 hours on the road after a 12 hour duty!!
I cant speak for any other airline but Thomson Gatwick crew fly between Newcastle and Gatwick and only after a good sleep in a hotel. closer bases coach though but only after a sleep its not to bad and makes the trip longer and more ££££
Hi

Thinking about booking a trip to Cancun after original holiday cancelled due to the volcano.

If we fly Bristol to Cancun on a saturday in May, does the plane go via another airport ?

if so which one as cant see any other saturday flight from another uk airport ?

Also which type of plane is it likely to be ?

Thks.
kph100,

Welcome onboard :tup
The Bristol flight operates BRS-MAN-CUN-BRS (TOM518/9). It's due to the runway in BRS not being long enough to allow the aircraft to take off with the required fuel. It operates as follows:

Dep BRS Sat 07:40, Arr MAN 08:30, Boeing 767-300/ER (Winglets), Flight No: TOM518
Dep MAN Sat 09:30, Arr CUN 14:00, Boeing 767-300/ER (Winglets), Flight No: TOM518

The flight is on the ground in MAN for an hour. The return flight is non-stop:
Dep CUN Sat 16:00, Arr BRS Sun 07:25 Sun, Boeing 767-300/ER (Winglets), Flight No: TOM519

Flight times vary slightly depending on exact dates of travel. You'll find further aircraft details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for youre very speedy reply

I take it then that the outbound lands at bristol just to refuel, it does not pick up passengers ?
kph100,

The stop in Manchester is purely a technical (fuel) stop to brim the tanks, not for passengers.

Darren
we had a similar thing last year, we took the first flight out of Gatwick to Lanaca on arrival it collected passengers for Manchester where it flew and did a turn around then after it got back to Lanaca, it collected us for Gatwick, you may think it sounds silly but the flights were manned by a Gatwick crew, and when we got home [late] the aircraft was in position for the next days flight.

wiz
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.